My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a fantastic recipe. Easy to make, you have the ingredients in your house already. The inventor of this sauce won a cooking contest with it in Georgia, and as you know, Georgia people know bbq. Good on everything: Beef ribs, Pork Ribs, and Chicken.

The Recipe:
4 Medium chopped onions.
4 Tablespoons of vinegar ( apple cider vinegar even better )
4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Teaspoons of chili powder
1 1/2 cups of water (feel free to substitute bourbon for some of the water. Don't worry Reverend, the booze cooks off )
1 1/2 cups of ketchup
2 teaspoons of salt
4 Tablespoons of brown sugar - dark is best

Directions: Mix it all together. Simmer on low temp for about 2 or 3 hours. It will thicken up in time. Your house will smell really good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This sauce recipe looks really good. But no idea where to get Worcestershire sauce though! I was checking it in the grocery and doesn't seem to be there.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,908 Posts
This sauce recipe looks really good. But no idea where to get Worcestershire sauce though! I was checking it in the grocery and doesn't seem to be there.
Check where they keep the A-1 sauce, mustards, ketchup and others.

Will have to try it. Thanks for posting it.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Looks like a good sauce for Beef/Deer jerky also, have to try next time I crank up the dehydrator.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sand Dawg, I can't think of a single thing it wouldn't be good on. ****, my dog even puts it on his Cheerios every morning.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Sand Dawg, I can't think of a single thing it wouldn't be good on. ****, my dog even puts it on his Cheerios every morning.

Smart dog! :dogrun:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check where they keep the A-1 sauce, mustards, ketchup and others.

Will have to try it. Thanks for posting it.
Giant Super Market and a few others make a generic worcestershire sauce. Not that the original is that expensive. For you gents that haven't used it before, mostly salty with some proprietary spices that a lot of people like on meat, particularly beef. The old lady uses it. In between gulps of her Manhattans. :tango_face_surprise

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
Just saw this. That recipe looks great! Surprisingly, there's a big difference in how various brands of Worcstershire sauce taste.

My favorite (by far) is Lea & Perrins. Tastes amazing on steak cooked on a BBQ.

Mike

·
2,875 Posts
Just saw this. That recipe looks great! Surprisingly, there's a big difference in how various brands of Worcstershire sauce taste.

Mike
I believe that Lea & Perrins is "the original"
Spoiler alert....there are anchovies in it.....ilk

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
OK, so that's two things I like with a HINT of anchovies: Caesar salad is the other. But, I can't stand to see (let alone eat) them whole.

Mike

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Mike
Yo, Mike. You'll like it. Even if you have a lousy winter day indoors, make the sauce and throw your meat under the broiler for a bit. You'll still be better off for it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Could always make your own Worcestershire sauce. Traditionally it is made:

The original recipe for proper Worcestershire sauce basically consists of anchovies layered in brine, tamarinds in molasses, garlic in vinegar, chilies, cloves, shallots, and sugar. After sitting for two years with periodic stirrings, the mixture is sifted of the solids and bottled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts