Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Poll Time, 318 dissassembly

Ok here is the first shot at this whole video thing. I HATE listening to my voice on a recording. I did a total of 5 videos this afternoon.... the thing slowing my down is Youtube. Each video is taking about 2.5 hours to upload. I might get one more loaded tonight before I head to bed. I will just leave them uploading overnight, gotta change some setting on my computer.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Video Number Two: A little engine info. I will drag some parts out at a later date and go over a few more parts. I think I need to dedicate one video to just the differences between the B and P series. Cams and carbs.... etc.... Hopefully the fender pan removal and compression test videos will be loaded in the morning when I get up.

How are we doing so far?

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Video Number 3: Removal of the Fender Pan

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Video Number 4: Compression Testing

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Number 5# Carb removal and disassembly.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Number 6:
Might need to redo this one because of my hands. I left it in HD, took 21 hours to upload :) so this might take a while.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Video number 7: a little out of order. RPM Set

Later tonight will be a brief oil change and carb instalation with minor troubleshooting (had a couple issues getting it running which I think will help some folks)

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Video 8: Oil Change... no filter change so really just draining the oil.... might need to redo this one.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Video 9: carb install and trouble shooting

To get it running again had to do some troubleshooting on fuel flow and spark testing. I kept it all together since it shows how things can go south quickly.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here is a random one: I shot this two weeks ago when I fist started... kind of me rambling for ~15 mins. Not sure if there is much value but keeping in the spirit of the thread... I am posting what I shoot :)

This is nice Kyle! I wish someone would do this with a 200 series because I'm sure I'm doing it wrong lol.
Thanks! I have determined that Kohlers and I just dont get along... I can get Onan's to do what I want but not Kohlers.... why I do not know :dunno:... so I wont be doing a 200 seires... unless I get that Kohler magic touch :ROF In fact I am trying to unload my Kohler powered tractors.....

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Nothing too terribly exciting:

Video 10:
Taillights, removal and install

Next up: overview of the full system and replacing the fuel lines.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Video 11: Fuel line replacement.

Might need to remake or add to this one. I feel like I need to go over actually replacing them... not just explaining it.

Not sure when I will get to the next one. Hopefully I can make a couple more before I leave for 10 days :)

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Finally back to making videos. This as turned into a 318 everything thread rather than 318 disassembly thread. But I am trying to cover as much as possible. At some point I will need to inventory all these videos and make a master post.

Video 12: Comparison of a Redlandhill 3 pt/OEM 3 pt and mechanics of the lift system.

I apologize for the first minute or two.... I seem to ramble. I think I was distracted by my neighbors. I think they were wondering if they should do something about the dude in his backyard talking to himself.....

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Video 13: Attaching a Model 54 4-way Blade
As you are sitting on the machine. Right side hydros are for the lift and float (inside lever) Left side hydros are for side to side. This same mounting principle can be used for any front attachment. In the case of the snow blower there is the additional step of putting the PTO belt on.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Video 14: Model 54 Blade Removal

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Video 15:Attaching the deck

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Random Video: Using the Load lifter (does not need to go in the sticky). I also realize that I could lower the forks more but that would have required me to un-adjust my freshly adjusted mower deck :ROF

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Video 16: Technical Manuals

Just a quick overview of what is contained in the technical manual. Very helpful to have.

Wont go live until 12:30 or 1 PM Central Time (but I am headed out of town for the afternoon and I would forget about it otherwise)

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Video 17: Engine Parts:

Taking a side trip since I am having a hard time finding time to get out into the yard during the daylight. Maybe find some time this weekend to work on the 318 itself.

·
Super Moderator
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Video 18: Sealing up the bearing plate.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.