My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not good, it stopped the blades quick. After that two of my blades were hitting each other. I pulled the deck and was doing some looking and noticed that the main pully on the deck that has the belt that goes from the engine looks like it's at an angle leaning forward. It kinda looks like it was made this way but I'm not sure. Can somebody tell how the primary pully is supposed to look? If the pully is supposed to be straight up and down then the deck must of got bent pretty bad. It doesn't look bent by looking at the deck but I don't know for sure. I know the outer blade got the hardest hit and it did bend the deck where the blade hub bolted to the deck but I got it fixed. Mostly wondering if the main pully is supposed to be leaning forward or not.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not sure on the 140, but my 300 deck it is straight. Might have bent the deck or the spindle or both. Sounds like you need to tear it apart and look at were the spindle housing mounts and see what the deck looks like. If the deck housing is good sounds like a good time to restore the deck.

·
MTF
45 Posts
Something similar happened to me when I hit a stump, snapped the idler pulley mount and torqued the deck around the spindle. I beat the deck back into shape and welded up the idler pulley mount. When massaging the deck I noticed my spindles were slightly different heights. With lots of trial and error (put on and off spindles and blades ~10 times each) I was able to get them level and on the same plane. My cut quality is now better than when it was new.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,481 Posts
My cut quality is now better than when it was new.
Hmmmm.... Maybe those of us with cut quality issues on the newer models need to run into some stumps. I just took the last of mine out a few weeks ago :crybaby:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm.... Maybe those of us with cut quality issues on the newer models need to run into some stumps. I just took the last of mine out a few weeks ago :crybaby:
not sure what to say but after straighnting the deck on the out hub I drove it down to my sisters and mowed her yard. Mows like new perfect and lever. I was surprised.

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
568 Posts
U bent the blade and the spindle pocket I have also seen the jack shaft het bent .

·
Premium Member
Many I fix them all
568 Posts
Decade old thread, which the OP had already resolved, so probably won't get any updates.
Opps lol it showed up today when I was looking around ...dead thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts