My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's rained 14 out of the last 16 days here. We've had well over 10" of rain. And, with temps in the 60s & 70s, it's been prime "growing season" for the lawn.

Sunday we only got about 0.1" of rain and the sun actually came out Monday- so I took the opportunity to mow while pontoons & a propeller weren't required. Grass was thick, tall (over 12" in places) and wet... very wet!

I had to go a little slower than normal, but the DGS absolutely devoured the tall, wet grass. Nearly 55 hours on it now in less than a year and it impresses me more every time I use it!

Here's hoping that everyone else has as good of an experience with theirs as I've had with mine. :drunkie:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I'm really liking mine - it does a fine mowing job although we're not getting anything near your 10" of rain up here.

Seems it's barely a year or two?, since SE Kansas and Oklahoma got that major flooding. I lived down there in Independence many years ago -- couldn't believe the pictures of the flooding in the towns. Between the flooding and the tornados, and being so close to Texas, you guys deserve a break!

One thing I really like about 'tractoring' - this is my first one - is loading tools, bags of topsoil, manure, plants, bulbs into my dump cart and simply driving them up into my back yard. Hauling everything to a planting site is really great compared to a half dozen trips carrying things up a hill and a bunch of steps! Using the Craftsman 12.5cf poly cart and loving it.
:trink40:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it seems every Spring we get drenched. Then it dries up and doesn't rain until October/November. I only live 35 miles S. of the KS state line. Yesterday we got about 0.25" of rain while up in Coffeyville they had golf-ball sized hail covering the ground. I'm ready for the July drought.

Since I have a slightly larger 'toy' (the Deere 3520), I pretty much only use my Craftsman as a mower. I have used the DGS to stretch some fence for a small pen though. Plenty of power to pull things taut AND the hydro held things in place with the engine off. I may not use it like a "tractor", but it sure impresses me in doing what I need it to do!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Sno, seems that we are in the same boat as far as rain goes.we have had over 42 inches since thanksgiving. My GS6500 cuts thru the heavy wet stuff as if it were only a couple inches and I have over 250 hours on it. I also haul heavy loads of firewood up nad down the steep hills and hollars on our property.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts