My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally caught up enough on my hunny do list to where I can get back to work on my MF12. If my memory is correct someone found a great deal for replacement pulleys for this deck.
Anybody remember the supplier and cost?

Thanks for your help! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Yes, I picked them up at www.McMaster-Carr.com for my rebuild. I would just replace all five of them, it's worth it in the long run and you need to pull the pulley off the gear box to remove it from the deck. You don't "have to, but it's nice to just do them all. I paid $8.00 each plus shipping (They are fair on shipping charges too)

Go to the last post in this thread and you will see the best place I found for new bearings (along with part numbers and prices)
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=110255&page=2

And here is the link to the post with a nice over view of the rebuild.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=127618

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a part # for the pullies?? Thanks for all the help and the photos, man your ride looks so sweeeet!
I hope to get my parts ordered first thing Sat. morning so hopefully they will arrive before Friday so I can "Work" on the deck all week-end!:thThumbsU

:thanku:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
This is copied from the order I put in. I would make sure your pulley's are the same 4" OD with a 3/4" shaft. I am sure they are, but if you don't check, and they are some odd ball 1" shaft.... don't blame me!

Oh, and thanks for the kind comments! While I am thinking of it... There is just one change I would of made. There are two ways to install the grease fittings. One on the top side of the deck (easy way to drill) and from the underside. These need to be drilled down at an angle if I remember right. I do find it very hard to grease with the pulleys in place so the fitting under the deck (with a cap) may be a better place. Also, I would buy some never-sieze to use on the pulleys so they never get stuck again. That and if you replace the bearings, on the large shielded bearing should have the inner seal removed before you install it. This will allow the grease to fill both bearings properly.

Catalog Page 1040 (towards the bottom of the page) :fing32:
6245K41 (Same as 6245K69)
Die Cast V-Belt Pulley 4L, A-, & Ax-Section Belt, 4" OD, 3/4" Bore
In stock at $7.04 Each <= PS, it looks like they went down even cheaper!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts