My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally ran out of room on the floor of the mower cave. Went out today and bought the materials to build some storage racks for all of my machines. The two in the pictures hold 16 machines each. I'll post more when the second set is filled.

It's a good start. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nicely done :fing32:

With all that new found floor space does that mean more mowers????? :D

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
i cant wait to build mine! but the $ is the first problem...what did it cost you?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments. Mowersnob, I sure hope I don't accumulate any more. I really needed the space so I could keep working on some others to sell. But I have said "NO MORE MOWERS" before :)

2 cycle freak, it was $56 for (8) 2x4x8', (12) 2x4x10', and one box of 3" decking screws. I only had (8) 6" chunks of 2x4 left over, which will end up in a fireplace. Very little waste :)

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Thanks for the comments. Mowersnob, I sure hope I don't accumulate any more. I really needed the space so I could keep working on some others to sell. But I have said "NO MORE MOWERS" before :)

2 cycle freak, it was $56 for (8) 2x4x8', (12) 2x4x10', and one box of 3" decking screws. I only had (8) 6" chunks of 2x4 left over, which will end up in a fireplace. Very little waste :)
That was for two racks, right?
Very, very nice, sure beats how I store em.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron, my basement was starting to look like that, hence the reason for the shelves. Yes, that was for 2 racks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's so cool! I need to build a couple of those, haha.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
So I finally ran out of room on the floor of the mower cave. Went out today and bought the materials to build some storage racks for all of my machines. The two in the pictures hold 16 machines each. I'll post more when the second set is filled.

It's a good start. Enjoy.
lol-for those who are new here this will be your shop in one year garenteed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Eric, I envy you. But if I had that many mowers my wife would have me committed. I've only got 3 or 4....OK, maybe 5....and she already thinks I'm nuts. :)

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Nice! Much better use of space than the shelves in my shed.

I've seen commercial cutters that have a number of 21" mowers do the same thing to store their machines over winter out of the way.

When we built my shed (prior to my LBAD) I planned and built shelves in one corner just for storing 21" mowers, snowblowers, edger, etc. Mose of my stuff is too darn heavy to be lifting on and off the shelves though! The LB's work well on them, light to pick up! I only have 3 stagger pushers I can pull the handles off of easily to store, the rest are SP or 4 squares...

Always need MORE space!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have Lawn Boys in the garage, some in the shed (derelicts), some in storage, they're everywhere. The concept of shelves like some of you all are making has been rattling around in my empty brain for a while. I'm going to clear out all the useless crap in the attic above my garage and build my storage shelves up there. I'm going to line them inside and out with fine wire mesh so I don't get any critters in them. I've pulled too many shrouds off to find critter houses underneath. Their home will be somewhat dry, but not really climate controlled. I can't really give up space in the garage for them. Garage space is precious. Only one or two will be allowed in the garage at a time. The rest will get to sleep in the attic. I hope they'll keep well up there. It gets really freakin hot up there in the summer. Maybe I'll install a massive fan up there to pull the hot air out. There's one up there already, but it's obviously not adequate.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,787 Posts
Very nice Eric! Im just too damned lazy to remove the handles and put them back on... especially the mowers with multiple cables and obviously the M would be a serious problem.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm kinda lucky cable wise. I only have my 10515 that has cables. And someday someone will buy that. It's for sale, I just got tired of relisting it on eBay. Meanwhile, it cuts my grass now and again.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yep, that's what I've got to do next. Gotta rearrange some stuff in the garage and try to get the mowers off the floor. Especially if I bring the Model T back.

Looks like you did a great job, Eric! :fing32:

·
Lawn Boy
1,569 Posts
any chance we could talk you into posting the lengths of the beams?

I've been dinking with an idea like that for a while but I can't figure out how deep to make the shelves so the decks can rest on the crossbeams.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts