My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got tired of tripping over all of these green machines out in the garage. Decided I needed to get some shelves built. I was inspired by others on here (esp. my buddy eric55106). Here is the result. What do you guys think?

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Oh yea, looks real good, defintley should free you up some space and they are still handy to get to, nice job :fing32::fing32:.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
NICE! You have a good collection going there! I've got to build a rack like that in my shed as well. I see all these other people with as many, or more, 'boys as I have and I don't feel *quite* as crazy. HAHA

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
That looks great, I have been trying to come up with something for my garage. Could u give the dimensions?? What length 2x4's did u use on the cross pices or did you put 2 together?? Again, great set-up. :thThumbsU

·
U.S. Air Force
39 Posts
Looks very nice. I agree with Sean, you saved room for 4 more..lol. Again, fantastic job!!! :fing32:

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
Nice! Thats a lot of machines in a small area!

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
Dont worry Eric, I am working on a special cloaking device in my laboratory right now...... still have a ways to go though. I keep getting them to disappear but I cant get them to reappear when I want to use them! I have bought hundreds of mowers trying to perfect this!:banghead3

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, there is room for four more. :ROF Keeping my eye out for something unusual.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks great, I have been trying to come up with something for my garage. Could u give the dimensions?? What length 2x4's did u use on the cross pices or did you put 2 together?? Again, great set-up. :thThumbsU
I bought 6 - 12' 2x4s for the crossmembers (cut off 6" from each to fit the space). I used 8' 2x4s for the uprights and cut other pieces to tie it together. Wood ran about $40 at Home Depot - I already had 3" decking screws.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
nice work. Looks great! easy to get to but yet out of your way. nice!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great job wsninstp!

I need to do the same thing. if you need some room to add some more mowers. Just send me that gold automower. My address is.....

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
where do ya place the handles?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
This is what I did on a smaller scale. About $25 in wood and 3" screws from HD.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is a sharp and neat way to store! I can feel my back cracking now from trying to lift those nice machines off the top rack.
The ones on the top shelf probably won't get down very much. The gold one and the promo run, but the other three need some TLC (carb cleaning) to run right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts