My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone tell me the wrench size of the Check Plug on a JD 54 inch mid-mount mower for a 425? Is it metric or SAE?

Thanks.
BB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got more light - it ain't a T25! Some size hex, but not sure which. Don't want to strip it our & then have to pull the deck.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hex 5/16 or M8

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response, but please check again. No way does it take a 5/16 hex. May be 5/32 (4mm) - probably is....

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks for the response, but please check again. No way does it take a 5/16 hex. May be 5/32 (4mm) - probably is....
Assuming you are speaking of the fill plug for the 54 gear case. Why don't you try the fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stuck my phone near the gear case along with a 5/16 Allen wrench to take a close-up and prove my point. When I looked at the picture, I could see the outline of a much bigger hex bolt. Guess what size? 8mm! I had been looking at the smaller hex hole in the center of the plug. My old eyes never saw the larger size until the picture. My bad & my apologies.

Thanks for the help.

BB

Attachments

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,110 Posts
Billb1385, It never hurts to ask and have a picture or two for verification. When replying I always try to have a pic or point to the section, page in the manuals (Operators Manual (OM), Technical Manual (TM), Component Technical Manual (CTM), Parts Catalog (PC).

Fantastic Help there pipsqueek!

That's what these forums are all about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts