My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the deck out yesterday to check the spindles. One of them has some wobble to it but could not figure out how to disassemble it to get to the bearings. Any ideas?? I included to pictures to help.
Thanks, Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just finished replacing all the bearings in my T1400H. You have to remove the belt cover first. I removed the mower blade next, but I don't think you have to at this point. Next remove the nut holding on the belt pulley. Then use a bearing puller to remove the pulley (remove the grease zert before pulling). This will allow you to get to the 6 bolts holding the spindle in place. Remove these and the spindle should be easily removed (might need a knock with a BFH to loosen any rust). I used a small manual press to remove the bearings from the shaft and housing, but you could probably get by with a vise. Otherwise you will have to take it someplace to get the bearings removed.

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris,

I had trouble getting the bolt holding the pulley out!

How do you hold the pulley in place to get to the nut?

I did not want to damage anything, so i left it at that. I tried putting the blade back and using the blade (with block) and attaching back the belt and blocking that too, but the bolt would not budge. (the blade bolt released and the belt did not hold). How do you hold the pulley in place to get to the nut? Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to really tighten the nut on the blade first. Then blocked the blade and used lots of quick short pulls on the pulley nut (sort of like a shock treatment). Lots of penetrating fluid on the pulley nut helps (I used PB Blaster).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts