My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get them at good price and good quality. The wheels I'm talking about are kinda spherical and don't swivel. My deck didn't come with them, I can make the brackets, just need the wheels. I've seen JD, CCC, and Husqavera with them; but who's parts are cheapest. My lawn's kinda bumpy, and the deck digs in on the front corners. Ten years ago, I thought I'd have a smooth golf course like lawn today, but it didn't happen so I figure its time to fix the deck.

·
Really groovey dude.
46 Posts
Are you talking about something like these?

I put wheels on my deck for the same reason and while it did help a bit they have some drawbacks.

I keep the grass on the tall side and mow in the 2 highest notches. In order to make the wheels effective I have to mount them low. Now I can't drop the deck to clear the sidewalks or do the back yard which I keep short.

When I try getting in tight to trees and sign posts, the wheels catch them on the sides. If you can get them mounted inboard to avoid catching thing, the deck overhang will still gouge the lawn when turning on hilly spots.

I went with the straight sided wheels for mine as the bigger rounded ones would stick out too far and I can get close to the streetside curbs when thoughtless people park in front of my house on mowing day.

Just things to consider...

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts