My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, working on my 416-8 and want to replace the belts to the mower deck and on the deck. My tractor is a 31-16K803. The deck is a 48" side discharge. The only number I can find on it is on the warning sticker near the discharge opening. That number reads 92-7108. When I tried to enter this number into the Toro Parts store page it did not recognize it. Again, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Joe,
Log on to web site www.toro.com on that opening page look toward the bottom/left of the text, you'll see a section titled "Parts & Manuals" click on that.
I have a 48" deck I'm using on a 312-8 about the same age as your tractor, in the search window type in 78360 that's the number of my deck, it will open up an entire parts view. Number 1594 is the OEM belt for the deck blades.
Back up to that same search window and type in your tractor number, 31-16K803 that will display all the parts on the tractor. The engine drive belt is 108501.

Hope this information is helpful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old MG,

The deck looks the same as mine, thanks for the help. Where did you find the number on your deck? I am also trying to replace the belt from the PTO to the deck. I did find the engine drive belt, but I am also having trouble finding the PTO belt.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Joe,
I'm sorry, I misunderstood the belt you also wanted to replace. I thought you wanted the engine to transmission, wasn't thinking of the power take off.
Go back to that toro web site for parts, enter the deck number and look at the section for idler pulleys, a couple of listings down. Anyway, the belt number you're asking for is 102742.

Those Toro series numbers are h*** to come up with. I purchased my 48" deck used off of E-bay and while looking for a deck I kept seeing those five digit numbers. I went on to the toro parts site and entered it, by dumb luck it came up.

I just purchased a new zero turn even the dealer complained of how difficult they were to find.
Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Joe the deck numbers youre looking for are 05-48MS03 and 05-48SY02 with belt numbers of 102742 " 109807
and the lenth of 103.00 in, " 111.20 in,
take your old belt with you to get the correct size

all of these numbers and a lot more came out of a book from toro its says form #492-0392 it came fro toro a few years backit covers tractors from 1956-2002

·
Registered
390 Posts
102742 subbed to 94-2501

Here's a link to that belt at a seller that supplies OEM Toro parts (not aftermarket)... http://www.partstree.com/parts/?pn=102742

Do yourself a favor and always buy OEM Toro belt, not aftermarket. They cost more but they last a long time and are correct fit length, width, and V.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts