My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month and a half ago I ordered a new set of mower blades for my 1650 (48" mmm) at Jacks Small Engines. The guy said at that time he didn't know how much longer they'd still be available. I got that set, wanted to make sure they were the right ones before ordering another set, so I ordered another set of blades. Yesterday they called and told me the blades are no longer available. Anyone know of another source of blades for these old mowers?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am also in the process of rebuilding my 48" deck and need blades.

Has anyone thought of using blades from another G.T brand that might need only slight mods to work ( center hole enlarging and drilling outer holes).
Also I was on the Oregon website and they have blades on there list that are the same length the only prob is the center hole is either smaller or larger slightly and the outer holes need to be drilled.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Picked up some blades today, ordered them on Friday but was a little sceptical when the guy said they would be in today. I thought for sure they weren't going to be the right ones, but to my pleasure they the ones. He said they are still listed on the system as available. Just a few odds and ends and the deck should be ready to reassemble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts