My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i want to install à front mount mower on my 5013. I dont like belt and i prefer a pto shaft. I want to fit à deck from à Cub Cadet 3000 séries .
My problem is the all pto deck i have see with 2000 rpm pto are need clockwise rotation. The front pto on my tractor rotate counter clockwise... can i just reverse the Blade upside down ???

·
Make Better Mowers
1,962 Posts
Upside down placement of the blades won't help you. That would put the "wing" contacting the grass first and it sets lower then than the cutting edge. First tree roots you hit will bend the blade. You're going to have to scrap your idea......sorry.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi, i want to install à front mount mower on my 5013. I dont like belt and i prefer a pto shaft. I want to fit à deck from à Cub Cadet 3000 séries .
My problem is the all pto deck i have see with 2000 rpm pto are need clockwise rotation. The front pto on my tractor rotate counter clockwise... can i just reverse the Blade upside down ???
What size is the mower deck? Some older brands have left hand discharge and the blades turn counter clockwise. If you can match up the blade length you might be able to get away with using a set from one of those decks.... if the arbor drive system will work in reverse.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Likely the first thing to do is determine which size mower deck you intend upon using. Once you have the deck size, then you will be able to determine blade length. Then do an internet search for the left hand mower blades. I found many from Rotary Products to Oregon Blades in varying sizes.

·
21,369 Posts
Shaft driven mowers have a miter gear box to change the shaft rotation from horizontal to vertical. In some gear boxes, one of the shafts goes all the way through and the gear on that shaft can be reversed and positioned on the opposite side which will reverse the rotation to the mower blades.

If this is the situation with your gear box, shimming of the gear may be required to ensure the correct gear lash.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tanks all.
I have find some 18 inch blade that are flat and left hand cut !
Its perfect for me since my Honda have only 13 hp and the flat blade are way easier to rotate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts