My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody made anything to easily move leaves out of the yard?

This kinda sounds lazy but I took the grass hopper with its super loud mowing deck and blew them into a pile yesterday. Today I took the 4410 with the loader and was gona take them out to the feild. As I drove past the car trailer the light bulb in my head turned on. I pulled the trailer up to the pile of leaves with the tractor. Than I took the loader and scooped the leaves and put them on the trailer. On average it took 6 bucket full's to fill the trailer, without spilling a lot. I had a total of 5 trailer loads. I had to take them around a 1/4 mile one way.

Although this did work. Has anybody come up with a better way?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I used a tractor with a bagger to pick up leaves at a neighbors property last year. It was to far to drive the tractor back and forth to the dump site. With that said I took another tractor and my trailer and parked it at my neighbors property. It took 14 loads from the bagger to fill the trailer. This saved me 14 trips with the tractor with the bagger.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
A Bic lighter. Flick the Bic and set back or run like ****. :sidelaugh

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,721 Posts
I just let the wind blow them away. ...

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I just let the wind blow them away. ...
I've never had to rake leaves on this place for the same reason as Ray.

Do have to replace some tin roofing from time to time and we never park empty box trailers setting North/South. Face them into the West.

Mike

Reactions: riverbandit

·
15,000 +posts!
20,724 Posts
I just mulch them--drive my tractor over them enough times to make confetti out of them...then the wind and rain does the rest..my neighbors call me lazy,but my grass is green and lush without any fertilizer,and my back dont ache from raking!..

I made a leaf blower out of an old hot air furnace squirrel cage blower,by mounting it on an old push mower deck ,I put a 5 hp Tecumseh on it...it works well,but I found the leaves just blow back onto the driveway and lawn the next time its windy--got sick of doing it 10 times in a month--thats when I decided to "mow" them instead...a push mower I tried with a bagger worked nice,but had to be emptied way too often,and was heavy to push with a full bag too...my back didn't like doing that ,so I hopped back on my tractor ...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it was all my yard I would have flic a bic. Problem solved. Unfortunately I live on my inlaws property, and I no they would kill me if I set a fire that big. Well my father in law would probably set back and drink beer and watch it with me. It's the mother in law that would kill me.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
If it was all my yard I would have flic a bic. Problem solved. Unfortunately I live on my inlaws property, and I no they would kill me if I set a fire that big. Well my father in law would probably set back and drink beer and watch it with me. It's the mother in law that would kill me.
Well it is up to you. Hard work, or set and watch a have a Beer with the father in law. Send the lady's shopping and when they come home you say we looked out side and it was on fire. Do I have to tell you everything. :sidelaugh

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Friend of mine uses a Hay Rake and windrolls them and then mows them with a Bushhog.:trink40:

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
That's what I do with brush Sonny ^^^^ Thanks for the thought. ( well, I pile the brush in a winrow, not use a hayrake lol)

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you have to move them, Get yourself a 20 x 20 cheap tarp and blow them onto it. Gather up the grommets with a rope and drag it away with the tractor, or drag it up onto your trailer for longer trips.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought about the tard idea. I figured it would just rip the rings out. I was moving the trailer with the tractor so I wasn't able to go fast enough to make them blow off.

And yes sometimes I have to be told everything. Lol.

·
MTF Member
128 Posts
Lawn sweeper. Picks up dog poop too !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts