My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Guys, I'm feeling a little worried about this orphaned 8199 KT. It sits in Greenland, NH, which is a suburb of Portsmouth. It is right on I-95, an hour north of Boston, and 2-/12 hours from Hartford. I KNOW we can get a pony express relay lined up to move this thing.

I would love an excuse to go up there and visit my sister who lives in the area. If my arm wasn't in a sling I'd be willing to get up there and pick it up for you and then could store it at home until the Mow-In. Or maybe the route from NY would be easier to pony express it.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
At under $400 for gas, if that were my pick up, I would just make a long weekend of it, and bring it home.

I consider going to get them a mini vacation, luckily, my wife agrees~~ :fing32:
Unfortunately, the guy who bought it is in Minnesota. That's about a 24 hour trip - one way. My thought was to have a bunch of volunteers each invest a few hours of travel time to move it along. Either all the way to Minnesota or to a place where U-ship or an LTL would drive it, even if only part way.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
ok thanks, this is getting to be a pain...driver was supposed to pick unit up last week and now nothing...I may just cancel the whole deal and sell the unit because I cannot get it back to mn. no more long distance buying for me unless I get it myself...can any just get it too ohio or Indiana, or il...just asking...

thanks,
Gary
Gary, how far are you willing to drive to get it?

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
I know Greenland NH. About 1.3 hrs away. My problem is I have my new 450 on my trailer with a pretty good shelter built over it on thr trailer. There was no room for it in the Gravely shelter, so it is a little involved to remove the 450 and go get this.

Further once I get it here either it, or the 450 will have to sit outside, and covered. I have my trailer rigged up to be a shelter on wheels for over the winter. Also, did I understand this included attachments as well?

If it get's down to a must-get-it-out-of-Greenland issue at some point, I will help. Unless and/ or until . . . .:dunno: Think of me as an emergency last chance solution.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
At under $400 for gas, if that were my pick up, I would just make a long weekend of it, and bring it home.

I consider going to get them a mini vacation, luckily, my wife agrees~~ :fing32:
As CAD knows, I rarely buy things unless I'm the one driving to pick them up. I've passed on several other 450s, Mountaineers, and LS models because they were just a bit too far away for me to handle during school or whatever was going on at the time. Almost 3-4 days of round-trip driving (as in this case) can be hard to fit in.

Of course, right now's the wrong time of year for a camping trip! Although gas is certainly much cheaper at the moment :drunkie:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Gary, how far are you willing to drive to get it?
Hi fellows, first of all let me say thanks for all of you who are trying to help, I just did not have a 8199tk in my collection and wanted one, hence the long distance buy....I would be willing to travel 1463 miles one way but now my time will not allow me to....I would be willing to travel to Toledo, ohio or a little further...I am still waiting for a car transport co. to call me and see if they can get me a driver or not...already put a deposit of 225.00 down...I will get that back if they cannot come through...total will be 975.00 to get it to mn. but since they screwed up once and told me it would be here last week they might do it for 750.00...yes a lot of money but that's ok because I felt I bought the unit right...comes with attached newer airens blower, also a mower deck and a 48.0" blade with frame for attaching under the unit....
I will keep you all posted and thanks for thinking of me...let me know if you buy a gravely in mn. and I will see if I can help and get it your way...:thanku:

·
Registered
577 Posts
interesting idea

I hate paying for shipping but in some cases it's just going to be mandatory. I have a snowblower attached to one of my 7s. It works great except my tractors move too fast for it to work efficiently. My alternatives are to try a 4 or 6 tooth worm, a big job from what I understand or just sell it and forget it. The problem is I'm in Southwest Connecticut and in this part of the state guys like me are rare so it would probably wind up going far away. Shipping this thing would be expensive and probably a deal killer, so a relay could be a possibility.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Re: interesting idea

I hate paying for shipping but in some cases it's just going to be mandatory. I have a snowblower attached to one of my 7s. It works great except my tractors move too fast for it to work efficiently. My alternatives are to try a 4 or 6 tooth worm, a big job from what I understand or just sell it and forget it. The problem is I'm in Southwest Connecticut and in this part of the state guys like me are rare so it would probably wind up going far away. Shipping this thing would be expensive and probably a deal killer, so a relay could be a possibility.
Slap it on Craigs List, rather than fretting,,, There are a LOT of people that live near you,,,

:fing32:

I love Craigs List, and have been Super successful, and Roanoke has FAR fewer people,,,,,, :hide:

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Re: interesting idea

You're in much better shape than you think, being located on the east coast. As CAD mentioned, I believe you would have a decent chance of selling your equipment for a reasonable price. A substantial number of Gravely lovers are within immediate proximity to you--unlike the location-challenged circumstances some of the rest of us find ourselves in.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great idea! I have access to some land located 15miles east of Rhinebeck. So if somebody buys something there but can't fit it on trailer for trip back, keep me in mind. I live on the NY/NWCT border, no pick up or trailer, but I'm happy to help if part will fit in my station wagon. Also, I have found some pieces on CL on WV/OH border, and PA, western ny. I'll post once deals are finalized.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Is anybody near East Windsor Conneticut and are planning on going to the Mow-in? Thanks Jason

·
Registered
100 Posts
2 hrs west of E.W. CT, abt 25min east of Rhinebeck mow in

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I am heading from Atlanta to Belleville Illinois tomorrow, heading up super early. Will be there noon ish and turning back to Atlanta. Will have some room on the trailer but not for much

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone in western West Virginia I-79 near the Jane Lew/Clarksburg, Buckhannon areas??? That will be coming up to Rhinebeck, NY or to another show/swap near PA/NY???
I bought a tiller/rotary plow set up, it's like a 500 mile adventure..(one way)which is cool, but mite be better if i had other items to get.
john

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
I'm looking for a way to get a gravely attachment (GRWs) from Long Island to central Mass. Anybody going roughly between there and here?

·
Registered
100 Posts
jrd 2 wheels? weight of?? if fit in my car i can run from putnam county ny 684/rt 22 to Great Barrington MA or exit 11 on I84 in CT

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jrd at the end of April I might be going from Long Island to Oneonta, I'm pretty Far East on the island so probably can have the seller drop them off to me, or I can pick up, and get them off the island for you. Thats the hard part. Then could meet somewhere off the NYS Thruway or Taconic on my way up NY state. I'm 50/50 about going up, as it gets closer I can let you know.

·
4,156 Posts
Well completed getting the package from Dave/tractortag to John/jrd - even though I unintentionally made it real hard on jrd. Had tire trouble and couldn't reach him in time to save him going to where we were to meet.

I was very happy to do so, as I got to meet Dave and got to see jrd and the lovely "E" again. Nice nice people all around. Gravely people, and members of the I.F.O.G.B. (eye fog bee) for sure. http://www.mytractorforum.com/24-gravely/325369-i-f-o-g-b-eye-fog-bee.html

In the course of doing this I did not drive even a 1/10 of a mile out of my way. I knew this would be the case and so insisted early this was on me. They both slipped me something thoughtful anyway.

So Dave thanks for sending over my fav Boston Patriot Sam Adams - You'll note no mention of my fav N.E. Patriot Ha Ha.

And John! Wow. Some home made Maple syrup! From the bounty of the maples on Rte 117! Had some on the french toast this morning. Yum Say if you decide to jet in for the mow in I know where you can get some free ground transportation.

You all really didn't need to but. . . . . glad you did. :fing32:

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Thanks again Al!

You did me a big favor hauling those wheels, it was totally worth a jar of syrup. I'm real glad you're enjoying it.

I haven't stuck the wheels on anything yet. Maybe an LS with the extension axles?

E was glad to reconnect again. Stay safe, and watch those tires!

·
4,156 Posts
Got $600 worth of new tires now - just a partial trip too late with those - was planning on doing that this week.

An LS huh! You can send it down a row with the rotary plow - go have a sandwich and meet it at the end to turn it around! Nothing going to stop it tho'.

I will watch for the pics of the deployed steel wheels. Hey that would make a good name for a rock band.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts