My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I ran across a like new 42 snow thrower Serial# 03252 this past weekend it was previously mounted to a GT 235 with a manual deck lift and missing the mounting rod for the spout controls. Here are the questions I currently have (anything else anyone can think of would be appreciated):
1) I am guessing I need a different lift kit anyone know the Part # for the lift kit?
2) I have the controls with the metal bracket that mounts to the mounting rod for the spout control. However, I do not have the mount rod and if there is anything else that is required to mount the rod to the tractor? I went to the dealer and they unfortunately were not much help and offered me several part numbers.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance. :thanku:

· Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I went through this 2 years ago,I got one off a GT model and put it on a 345.First do you have the front lift kit on.If not you'll need,this is in my book BM19996 for 325 and 345 with serial number after (074577-) and 335 and 355D.Also attaching parts kit BM19216.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I appreciate the help. Kind of confusing looking at the jd site as the parts kit does not list the (335) but lists 325 and 345 models? I thought the models are the same except for the engine?

· Premium Member
3,860 Posts
For some reason the 335 is not listed on a lot of stuff.The book I got for the attaching parts kit list many models and not all the parts in the kit are used.Use the part numbers to double check with the dealer.Not all parts guys know how to navigate their own website.

· GX345
670 Posts
I just went from a GT235 to a 325 and Jimbochap helped me figure out the parts I needed to order to swap my 42" Snowblower over.
19H2803 CAP SCREW x 2..... 3/8" X 4-1/4"
Attaching Parts kit BM19216

Check under yours to make sure you have the front implement lift, mine already had it.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jshillin thank you for the help. I just ordered the attachment parts kit but I missed the screws. I also ordered a life kit as my 335 didn't have one. Would you mind telling me what the screws are for and can I just 2 from the hardware store?

· GX345
670 Posts
Jshillin thank you for the help. I just ordered the attachment parts kit but I missed the screws. I also ordered a life kit as my 335 didn't have one. Would you mind telling me what the screws are for and can I just 2 from the hardware store?
I have to admit that Jimbochap did all of the research for me... The bolts were shorter on the GT235 that connects to the shackles. You should be able to get longer ones at the hardware store if you need it. I just ordered everything at once. The box is still sitting in the house by my computer desk.

· Registered
901 Posts
If you ordered the attachment kit the bolts should be in there. Also the kit has the operators manual. FYI

· Registered
1,457 Posts
I have a 42 thrower for both tractors. The secret to not clogging the chute of a single stage thrower is to keep it moving, don't go slow. AND, do the flapper mod on it. After you do the dang thing can throw water!

If you haven't read about the flapper mod just search it here, you will get a lot of hits about it.

· Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Did you have a thread going on with the parts? If so can you send me a link to it?
The attaching parts kit will have everything you need bolts and all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.