My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wanted to go fishing for her Mother's Day present.

So we spent the afternoon on Miller Lake. We had a good time and caught a fair number of fish. We had 12 crappie big enough to keep.

We also took our daughter out for her first boat ride. She will be 2 in September.

Here are some pictures.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
She's a sweety Chuck :fing32: , sounds like you all had a great time and :thanku: for sharing with us :).

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Cool chuck, nice catch, we were going to go fishing when we got back from the in-laws but it was too late. I will try and shoot you some pics of the ones caught by the river. Weare suppose to go there this weekend maybe.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Dang! There are fish in Miller lake? I haven't tried there, just Jaycee lake and all I managed to to there was drown worms and waste the afternoon. Where do you put in on Miller lake? down that road to the east of the bridge on the north side?
You probably drove past my house on Idlewood Rd. if you came in on the south side past Jaycee lake.

I have a 16yo "little brother" I'm needing to take fishing again sometime. We are going to fish in the Rend lake spillway area and try to catch one of those monster carp. Heck we can get fish at a restaraunt to eat. (though a pan full of crappie is about as good as it gets)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Chuck she's a real cutie, glad you all had fun. Nice batch of fish.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang! There are fish in Miller lake? I haven't tried there, just Jaycee lake and all I managed to to there was drown worms and waste the afternoon. Where do you put in on Miller lake? down that road to the east of the bridge on the north side?
You probably drove past my house on Idlewood Rd. if you came in on the south side past Jaycee lake.

I have a 16yo "little brother" I'm needing to take fishing again sometime. We are going to fish in the Rend lake spillway area and try to catch one of those monster carp. Heck we can get fish at a restaraunt to eat. (though a pan full of crappie is about as good as it gets)
ABC: You have to be a member of the Mt. Vernon Gun and Sportsman Club to use Miller lake. If you want to go over there some time let me know and maybe we could do some fishing. You launch at the club house. They have 10 HP limit on the lake. I take Violet Rd to get to the lake. I have never been out on Jaycee lake.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I look forward to taking my little one fishing a lot in the next few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts