My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the riding mower that is the most saught after?

·
ROJ
2,183 Posts
thats a loaded question but the john deere 140's are very hot collectibles as are the patio tractors.63 model round fender 110's are very desirable as collectibles.deere collectibles seem to be the highest dollar tractors on average but there are other rarer old tractors out there to collect.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,446 Posts
Panzers are highly collectible too,as well as being one of the most ruggedly built small tractors.."cheapest" one I have seen for sale was 650 bucks recently on CL..
"Economy" ones too,bring big bucks here..saw TWO of them for sale for 1700 bucks for both on CL,and both of them had the dual transmission option..pretty rare to see two for what ONE sells for around here most of the time..

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
for me its the amf tractors

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I'll second Panzer. I had a '66 758ES and got a pretty penny on E-Bay. It was original un-restored near mint condition. I regret letting that one go.

MU

·
15,000 +posts!
20,446 Posts
BTW,I saw a JD 110 on CL's "FREE" colum today !!..located in "Hyde Park" on Boston..not a neighborhood I'd be willing to go too,but I'm sure some lucky Bostonian already has taken posession of it..ad said "it runs but I dont want to mess with it",or something close to that!..
I bet it turns up for sale on CL or E-bay in a few days??..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Panzer, Economy, Cub Cadet Originals, early Wheelhorse and JD

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
Pretty much ANY brand from the first year or 2 of introduction, like 1963 Deere model 110 (only 1000 made), or IH Cub Cadet "Original" from 1961. Many machines from back in the late 1940's and early 1950's (post war industial boom) like Bolens, Speedex, Gravely, Panzer, Snapper, etc. Stuff that was intentionally marketed as being "collectible" (Simplicity NFL team tractors as an example, or Bob Vila "Signature" series machines) are generally not a sought after collectible unless you decide you personally have to have one. That kind of collectible is essentially the same as the regular tractors of that year, the previous year, and next year's machines with some special graphics, paint & decals.

·
Super Moderator
16,370 Posts
For me tractor I want to add to my collection are a 1966 JD 110 with Hydraulic lift, a JD 318, a140H3 Patio in Spruce Blue, A JD 214, a IH cub cadet RED 782 made before April of 1981, and finally a late 1990's Simplicity Sovereign.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nobody has mentioned the "Twister" garden tractor. I've seen one. I"m not sure if mine is collectible but after I got my free 79 Case 448 I found out it was the 8th 448 made.

·
Registered
292 Posts
personaly im a gilson nut i have 1 but would love more just cant afford anything right now but i also love john deere , the older sears suburbans economy amf and im a closet fan of the craftsmanII and murray . there i said it im no longer in the closet lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
i'm gonna say panzer, david bradley, and my personal favorite- sears gt's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts