My Tractor Forum banner

Most expensive cab ever?

4523 Views 32 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  coalminer16
Wow! I've seen some sellers ask a lot for cabs, but this one may very well be the most expensive one I've seen so far. But to be honest, I'm still pretty new to the Deere hunting game. I found an ad on CL for a Cozy Cab for a JD 430. I saw his other ad for his model 47 snowblower first and in that ad he mentioned that the cab in the photos was available in another ad. I couldn't find the CL ad for the cab so I emailed him through the snowblower ad and asked if the cab was still available. He emailed me back with the link and the asking price. Well, after I picked my jaw up off the keyboard, I emailed him to say it was out of my league and I (respectfully) suggested he post better quality images if he is going to ask that much. No doubt someone will eventually buy it, but it won't be this old po-boy. :(

Is it just me or is the price he's asking way over the top? Like I said, I'm still a newb, but dang! I've never seen one go for nearly this much. Maybe it's just me though.
:dunno:
And if it IS just me, then maybe this post might just help a fellow MTF member find the cab of his dreams. That'd be cool!

Deere Hard-Sided Cozy Cab
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Doesn't sound overpriced to me even though its not a steal. Those cabs are as good as it gets and were high dollar when new and they don't make them anymore for garden tractors. Good solid hard cabs hold their value for good reason.
You should price a new Cozy Cab for the X7-- machines... That will make your jaw hit the floor for sure. Cab's are not cheap no matter how you slice it.
Re: Most expensive cab ever? - Evidently not.

Wow! So it IS just me - haha.
The seller did answer my email (seems like a super nice guy) and agreed about the pictures but did stand by his price.
So hey - like I said, maybe this thread will help an MTF member find that cab.
I did tell him in my original email that if I DID have the money, I'd hate to say how much I would probably pay to get a cab. The highest I've ever seen for a 420 cab was $900 and, to this old po-boy (cheap tight-wad is probably more accurate) even THAT was too much. Like I said, I'm still pretty green behind the ears when it comes to the Deere hunting game. I wish I'd gotten addicted BEFORE I retired.

I think I'll email him again to let him know I stand corrected. Haha!
I'm sure I don't want to see his CL ad once he posts better images.
It'll just make me want one that much more.
Thanks for your input guys. I'd have never thunk it.
So much to learn. So little time left.
:dunno:
I look at time on the tractor.It takes me 20-35 min. to do my driveway(100'double wide with double wide turn around) I just can't justify a cab for a short ride.If I had more to do,got a lot of snow,and temps were bitter then I can see myself getting a cab.
I look at time on the tractor.It takes me 20-35 min. to do my driveway(100'double wide with double wide turn around) I just can't justify a cab for a short ride.If I had more to do,got a lot of snow,and temps were bitter then I can see myself getting a cab.

Getting a cab for snow removal is sort of like power steering, PS is no big deal until you have a tractor with it, then you don’t want to go without it. Even the half hour you are on tractor – how many times has wind shifted and you got face full of snow, wind whipping freezing temps ? —I know you western NY types are tough when it comes to snow and cold – but a weather enclosure is nice
When I first saw this cab last winter I thought he was a bit high.

John Deere Custom Cab

Originally last winter he was asking $2500 and by spring it was listed for $900, now I see he's gone up in price again to $1450.
My wife bought me one of these at a garage sale last year as a joke. It was like new she said.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ATD-Tools-3746-Grinding-Shield/dp/B004I6RPUU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445777553&sr=8-1&keywords=face+shields+tinted[/ame]
Just from reading this thread, and following the links to the CL ads, I have one observation:

Cab sellers have saved enough money on decent cameras to afford their cabs.
Just from reading this thread, and following the links to the CL ads, I have one observation:

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh
My wife bought me one of these at a garage sale last year as a joke. It was like new she said.

http://www.amazon.com/ATD-Tools-374...445777553&sr=8-1&keywords=face+shields+tinted
LOL! That's good! Actually, wearing it would still beat getting blown snow in the face.
I'm looking at the price guide I got with my 2010 x728.

hard cab 3,720.00
heater 396.00
switch panel 225.00
wiper 186.20
---------
tax 226.36
----------
$4,753.56

Then the next question how much to install all of it.

They aren't cheap but they sure are nice to have.

Rob

Rob, You have an awesome collection of pictures of your X tackling snow and garden. You could be a feature contributor to JD brochures.

I never get tired of seeing your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh
I'm looking at the price guide I got with my 2010 x728.

hard cab 3,720.00
heater 396.00
switch panel 225.00
wiper 186.20
---------
tax 226.36
----------
$4,753.56

Then the next question how much to install all of it.

They aren't cheap but they sure are nice to have.

Rob

Thats roughly what I paid for the cab on the 445, I also have radio with cd player and AC. Only bad thing with my cab is, after about 2 years of use, the door seals don't seal like they used to. I may have to replace them all.
Thats not too bad at all. You can spend more if you want, look at Jodale Perry.
I have never seen a cozy cab in person, but with prices being what they are, how come nobody has duplicated one for our old machines? I'd buy a kit in a second, as long as it was built just like the originals.
I have never seen a cozy cab in person, but with prices being what they are, how come nobody has duplicated one for our old machines? I'd buy a kit in a second, as long as it was built just like the originals.
I think if you made new cabs they would easily run into 3-4 k without breaking a sweat. I am guessing you would need a shop with several hundred thousand dollars with of breaks, presses and tools to successfully re-manufacture something like a cozy cab for a 300 series tractor (and put it in kit form). That is just a guess though.....:fing32:
I think if you made new cabs they would easily run into 3-4 k without breaking a sweat. I am guessing you would need a shop with several hundred thousand dollars with of breaks, presses and tools to successfully re-manufacture something like a cozy cab for a 300 series tractor (and put it in kit form). That is just a guess though.....:fing32:

I would guess that's on the light side, even. That's not counting paying workers $20+/hr, and benefits.

I could build one (slower) with the tools at hand, but I wouldn't even bother if somebody offered $3,000 to do it, there's not enough profit in it.
Thats roughly what I paid for the cab on the 445, I also have radio with cd player and AC. Only bad thing with my cab is, after about 2 years of use, the door seals don't seal like they used to. I may have to replace them all.
Don't take this the wrong way like the heater in the Curtis Cab is better then the heater you have. I have some leakage I guess on my cab, but the heater I got with it puts out so much heat that I only run it on low, and I would think you could take a lot of the weather stripping out of it and you would still stay warm, even in Northern Wisconsin's inclement weather.

The cab never fogs up, even with below zero temps and snowing sideways.

Rob

Rob
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.