My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Had to wait until I received permission from my cousin to post a few pictures she sent me.
They live in Wisconsin, near the south shore of Lake Superior.

Bear and cubs from Oct 2015

View attachment 1945809

View attachment 1945817
I can tell by the plants the momma bear is w/her cubs and of course she would be unless something happened to her. As we all know (hopefully) that a mamma bear will protect her young ferociously untill the end but I have also heard that if someone is in the woods and they see cubs its already too late for you in most cases because once your that close to them she already has a bead on you and that thumping your feet feel on the ground is her charging at you.
I personally dont hunt, its just not my bag but Im not stupid enough to go into the woods unarmed because that could be the last mistake someone makes. A person could come across a rattler or anything. I wont trek far into the woods or forrest with anything less than a .357 mag., it just aint smart.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,826 Posts
More pictures from my cousin in Wisconsin.
Not a trail cam. But interesting. Happened last summer.

Don't try this at home!

They usually have a female Black Bear with cubs around the place every year.

Live trap was set for Raccoon. Like me they have become over run with Raccoon and try to thin the population down.

Bear cub went in the live trap around noon. They heard it crying out there after they finished lunch.
They opened the rear door and the Cub got himself turned around and would not turn back around again.
Had to lift front of cage and bang on it to get the little guy to back out of it. Once he was out he high tailed it for the woods and climbed a tree.
They never saw the Mom. A half hour later the cub was no longer in the tree.

IMG_1712.JPG

IMG_1713.JPG

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Just read this thread.... some good pics here. Love that big black bear..... but not too close.

Never seem to get much in the daylight here and the I/R night shots are kind of lacking. I don't hunt and am more interested in the pic quality.

Been looking for a white flash even though they do spook the game a bit. Can anybody recommend some as everything seems to have gone I/R anymore.

A few shots right behind the barn from this past winter.

A pair of does at night
. 019.JPG 190.JPG

An 8 point buck in the daylight
. 034.JPG 041.JPG

A 6 point buck chomping on apples
. 014.JPG 029.JPG

·
Administrator
13,496 Posts
They never saw the Mom. A half hour later the cub was no longer in the tree.
It' probably a good thing they never saw her. She would not have been happy.

:thanku:to all for the photos. Keep 'em coming.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Might have posted this form last summer. Our brazen bear getting ready for fall. This was around 2:00pm. Mom freaked when she saw him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Got these in my backyard, "Pepe LePew" is a regular in the neighborhood on garbage night, he's so used to us he comes up on the deck and pokes around, let's me get within 15' of him before he takes off, haven't had any mole or grub problems since him and his buddies started coming around, they do "excavate" once in awhile.

Attachments

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,826 Posts
Last May (2016) my cousin's husband found a dead deer off the highway on the edge of a swamp on his property in Northern Wisconsin.
Deer was hit by somebody on the highway and made it that far.
He set up his cam and got this Bobcat that came in for a meal.

Cdy00004.JPG

Cdy00007.JPG

Cdy00012.JPG

Cdy00018.JPG

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
To be in color, I must assume that is a white flash nite pic and it would appear the cat was not the least concerned. Good to know.:fing32::fing32: Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nice pics.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,826 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Could you give us a clue as to what is in the picture? Is it from a trail cam?
No it is my cat, and since there is one in your avatar I thought you would like it.
Sorry...
Heres a better one of her. We found her starving and pregnant when she was just a kitten a cpl yrs. ago. We are animal rescuers.

Attachments

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,494 Posts
Not actually my game camera, just me standing on the back deck watching a couple deer come through to check if my wife's Hostas were ready to harvest.
This guy has a nice pair started there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Here is a pic of our Wolf Hybrid, he is 84% Wolf (as per paper and breeders) They are famous breeders and if we either got him neutered or paid a grip incase he impregnated another dog because they dont want the bloodline to go around. His sister was put in a crate and shipped to Saudi Arabia to guard oil fields.
A week before we picked him up when he was a pup that pro golfer Chi Chi Rodriguez was up there picking his second one up from them. It was way out in Ohio.
Its so weird because he looks like a totally different animal in the winter than in the summer, two totally different colors and coat length of course. And the first thing you notice about him is how long his body is, its real stretched out.
Every time we take him way out to turn loose he brings us back parts of deer, usually a leg.! lol.

Attachments

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,826 Posts
From my Cousin in Northern WI.
This past Friday night, 5/5/2017. Cam set up on their driveway where it enters the yard.
You can see a Blue Bird house on the post, and a Bird House gourd hanging from the trellis roof over a sit down bench.

Bear 5-5-17_05050123.JPG

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,826 Posts
Yesterday morning out the window next to my desk in the basement.
Back of the house is a walkout basement.
Hen Turkey walked up and pecked on the window a couple times. Then was pecking at the spill over from the bird seed off the feeders on the deck.
Had to quietly go get the camera from upstairs.
The white thing you see in background is a small water feature I set up each year for the birds to get water. I had to take the black liner out last fall to patch it.

There has been a hen turkey hanging around the yard for a couple weeks now. There was a Tom and a pair of hens in the alfalfa field yesterday afternoon.
Hoping a hen will nest near here and we see some chicks this year.

DSCF1269.JPG DSCF1273.JPG

DSCF1274.JPG DSCF1275.JPG

Sure hope cjet69 does not mind us hijacking his thread. Probably not as long as it is wildlife shots.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Amazing to see the little bitty head for all that bird.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,826 Posts
More recent from cousin in northern Wisconsin.
Camera on the edge of their back yard.

Bear comes in hoping they forgot to take the humming bird feeders in for the night.

Bear May 13 2017 Cdy00012-2.jpg

Bobcat seems to be keeping the rabbit population down around the house. They had noticed a real drop off in the number of rabbits they were seeing this spring.

Bobcat May 12 2017 Cdy00011-3.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
I got a new bear here now. Female with cub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 200 Posts