My Tractor Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I heard of that last year in your area. It seemed to be just there. I'm over in southern Berks and didnt find any dead ones. Hopefully it won't happen this year.
According to what I've read, its caused by a bug that lives in the mud. It goes away when dry or frost gets them. Hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
OMG ! I saw something about that on TV but had no idea it was that bad. I haven't been out in the woods for awhile but if I saw that many carcasses I'd be totally freaked out and scared to eat some Venison for awhile.
Sounds pretty bad.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
My brother broke out his game camera's a couple weeks ago and we pull the cards this evening. This vid shows a 2 point Blacktail buck patroling for doe's.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Another deer video.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,823 Posts
Nice. Thanks for posting. I've never seen a Black Tail Deer. Only have the White Tail Deer around here.
Can see where they get their name.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Caught in the act. I snapped this pic of our apple thief this morning. Its a little blurry from shooting thru the sliding glass door.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
Strong little bugger, wow!

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
I just went through about 2000 camera shots from my game camera set up in the side yard by the swamp. The wildest thing it captured was me mowing with the x748, followed closely by the UPS guy. Is that you Forrest?

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
I just went through about 2000 camera shots from my game camera set up in the side yard by the swamp. The wildest thing it captured was me mowing with the x748, followed closely by the UPS guy. Is that you Forrest?
I had set mine up inside the barn last winter....
Got about 2000 close ups of a big fat rat steeling duck food !:hide:

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Could be worse. A couple years ago my brother had his camera set up along a well traveled deer trail right near the property line. Our cousin, who owns the next door property, decide he needed to relieve himself and apparently didn't see the camera. Luckily for us he was facing away from the camera while it shot a minute of video of him. :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
The geese are back. Snapped these while walking to the barn to feed the cows.

Attachments

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,823 Posts
I had a few Geese too. After corn is harvested they overnight here. Not many yet. Maybe 1000 this day.
The line up stretches 1/4 mile out to the 2 lane.
Geese DSCF5887.JPG Geese DSCF5888.JPG
Had a few Trumpeter Swans on Sunday. Last picture you can see some heads and necks sticking up behind the rise. I get a kick out of that.
Many stick around all Winter and come in to the driveway for the corn I put out for the Pheasants.
Swans DSCF5938.JPG Swans DSCF5939.JPG
Swans heads DSCF5940.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Nice pics JP. I occasionally see some swans fly over the home place, but they don't land. When I make trips to the east side of our county where the big farmland is I see lots of them. They sure make the geese look small.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,823 Posts
Nice pics JP. I occasionally see some swans fly over the home place, but they don't land. When I make trips to the east side of our county where the big farmland is I see lots of them. They sure make the geese look small.
That they do. The curve in my driveway is about 200 feet from the house. When they come in to land there in the Winter, they look like a 747 compared to the Geese. And really, the Canada Geese are big birds themselves.

Swans often fly right over head at tree top level when I am out and about in the yard. The whistle from their wings is quite loud.
And I find it odd they seem to fly in groups of 7. Mostly see them in groups of 7 around here, in the fall.

I have some pictures of the Swans out by the curve by the shed just loafing around. I'll see if I can find them.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
That they do. The curve in my driveway is about 200 feet from the house. When they come in to land there in the Winter, they look like a 747 compared to the Geese. And really, the Canada Geese are big birds themselves.

Swans often fly right over head at tree top level when I am out and about in the yard. The whistle from their wings is quite loud.
And I find it odd they seem to fly in groups of 7. Mostly see them in groups of 7 around here, in the fall.

I have some pictures of the Swans out by the curve by the shed just loafing around. I'll see if I can find them.
We mostly see the Lesser Canadian Geese here, but there are some Greater one's also. There can be a fair difference in size between the two species.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
TESTING THE FLIGHT PLAN, or just fighting for the food plot?
Yep....Looks like they are getting warmed up for the big day.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Caught this 3 point passing thru the woodlot on the game camera. I wish I had my camera with me earlier this week. As I was walking thru the woods I saw a buck bedded down in some vine maples. It just watched me walk by about 40-50 ft away.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,823 Posts
Had a rare visitor on my deck before this last storm. A young one.
Always feel bad for these little guys in the Winter. When temps around here get down to -10° -15° not much they can do to stay warm.

Have not quite gotten the hang of adding images yet.

001 Possum DSCF5978.JPG 002 Possum DSCF5976.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Went up to feed the cows and this Doe with what looks like twins was back by our bridge in the cattle lane. The pic is terrible. This Kodak 7590 is not to good when zoomed way out in low light and no tripod.

1575852959712.jpeg

181 - 200 of 200 Posts