My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still undecided on whether or not to pull the trigger on an LT190. My main concern is the transmission. My new lot will be fairly flat with a slight slope up to the house itself, and the driveway will have some slope, maybe less than 15 degrees. I'll be mainly mowing and maybe hauling a cart, but would be nice to be able to plow the driveway in the winter. Note, we only get 1-2 snowfalls a year here (Delaware, not counting this past winter of course). I was originally only looking at a new X320 but can save a substantial amount by going with a used 190, practically brand new. Any comments or opinions?

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
What Trans does the LT190 have? If it has a k46 stay WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Away.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
If this lawn tractor is a 190C, this is a 100 series lawn tractor, This what is what is listed in the owners manual The transmission is a sealed component. No maintenance is required on this transmission. If you suspect any transmission problems, please contact your authorized dealer. Which = $$$$$$

The same notice applies to the LT190. The transmission is a sealed component. No maintenance is required on this transmission. If you suspect any transmission problems, please contact your authorized dealer.

But if you like the LT190, this is what the LT190 has for a motor, a Kawasaki FH580V (18 hp) V-Twin, much better then the motor in the 100 series 190C which has a Briggs V- Twin.

There is a sticky on how to go about changing the hydro fluid in these trans-axles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the K46HD I believe.

·
16,520 Posts
If it were me--and I'm getting ready to pull the K46 out of my Scott's this weekend--

I would move up, especially checking out tranny availability..
Seems to be the very 'weak' point in this series of mowers...

Just my .02--if I had known--but that was years ago--and $$ was very tight..

glenn

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was afraid you'd say that. I was really looking for a good deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts