My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the last three I got. I bought the 10550 to resell but now I don't want to. I've had these with the electric start (10552) but thought it was a bit too fancy. Anyhow, this one is ridiculously nice. The pics don't do it justice. The original owner actually put two rubber strips along the trim edge and the front edge, so it won't have any paint loss assuming the glue doesn't pull it off. The 10525 is very ugly but runs like a top. The 6302 is clean for a 20+ year old comm mower but it is straight gassed. Good thing I have a spare motor!

-Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice haul, Dave!

The rubber on that 10550 actually looks nice! You might just want to leave it on. Something different, anyway...

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Lookin good. That 10525 may look like crap, but then you don't have to feel bad about bumping into things in the yard. I also bet you could still turn it for some $ in the condition it is... commercial guys won't care.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lookin good. That 10525 may look like crap, but then you don't have to feel bad about bumping into things in the yard. I also bet you could still turn it for some $ in the condition it is... commercial guys won't care.
I'm trying to decide if I want to repaint it or sell as is. If I don't repaint it, I bet I wouldn't even get $75 for it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Nice finds... That 10550 is really clean, the 10525's are one of my favorite residential mowers to use....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dave,

The 10550 looks like a keeper. I haven't used an ES mower before. How's the handlebar height? The ones I've handled seemed to be pretty low. My LB guy has a couple along with a 10552 - maybe I'll look at them again. But I think one SP mower is enough for me.

The 10525 could be cleaned up and sold. I agree that some paint would help. The commercial looks like an interesting project.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave,

The 10550 looks like a keeper. I haven't used an ES mower before. How's the handlebar height? The ones I've handled seemed to be pretty low. My LB guy has a couple along with a 10552 - maybe I'll look at them again. But I think one SP mower is enough for me.

The 10525 could be cleaned up and sold. I agree that some paint would help. The commercial looks like an interesting project.
The handle height on the ES is good for me and I'm 6'5". The handle height on my 10424 is not. Just an FYI.... I may be selling the ES depending on what else I buy. The wife laughed when I told her I bought it to sell it. She knows better...

-Dave

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,291 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I want to repaint it or sell as is. If I don't repaint it, I bet I wouldn't even get $75 for it.
If you parted it out, you would get more than $75 for it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you parted it out, you would get more than $75 for it.
Bruce,
You're absolutely right, but I don't like messin' around selling parts. I would guess I have at least $1000 of parts just sitting around but I don't sell parts. Weird? Yes!

I am only slightly conflicted about painting a machine this ugly. My personal opinion is that if I paint it and say that I've repainted it, that's ok. Some people frown on that. All I know is that I see repainted machines on ebay all the time and people do not say a word about it in their descriptions. Heck, one machine on there had overspray on the wheels and shroud and the seller claimed "original paint". Makes you mad sometimes...

Anyhow, when I sell stuff on ebay I take closeup pictures and list EVERY LITTLE DEFECT. In fact, that 8401 I sold two years ago only brought $260 because of my honesty (one wobbly wheel & a SLIGHTLY pokey transmission). The guy I sold it to resold it with a twenty word description and gets $720. He didn't even use the thing and didn't disclose the two defects I mentioned.

-Dave

-Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts