My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member, first post, I've a well used tiller, purchased used in the mid 80's, and trying to ID the model #. See the photos. The foil data plate is damaged at the second and third number. I read it as GIL 39011B. Using that number I'm unable to find any validating information or manuals for that model PN. I'm looking to find a owners/users manual with illustrations and parts numbers for this unit. I've been scouring the web but to no avail. I've a leaking cork seal and shaft bearings seals common to the chain drive oil reservoir. Any info or suggested sites would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
As far as I can tell after some quick google searching, it looks identical to this FT5CR: Gilson Front Tine Tiller FT5CR, Offsite; Grand Rapids, Mi.49504

And here's a part's manual for the Gilson: GILSON tractor,gilson 1987 TILLERS,illustrated parts manual,FT2G/5CR/5GR/4F/5S | eBay

This guy might be worth contacting: Gilson Tiller Parts at The Gilson Snowblower Shop

I couldn't find you any free .pdf's of parts manuals or user manuals, sorry. You may be able to acquire a manual directly from Toro who owns Gilson as a few folks on various forums have indicated.

Hope this helps and good luck from a fellow new member!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I can tell after some quick google searching, it looks identical to this FT5CR: Gilson Front Tine Tiller FT5CR, Offsite; Grand Rapids, Mi.49504

And here's a part's manual for the Gilson: GILSON tractor,gilson 1987 TILLERS,illustrated parts manual,FT2G/5CR/5GR/4F/5S | eBay

This guy might be worth contacting: Gilson Tiller Parts at The Gilson Snowblower Shop

I couldn't find you any free .pdf's of parts manuals or user manuals, sorry. You may be able to acquire a manual directly from Toro who owns Gilson as a few folks on various forums have indicated.

Hi Dusty Dude...welcome to My Tractor Forum that looks like a nice collector's piece...good luck with it
View attachment 2446574

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely them out. '87 is about the year I bought it, well used at that time. Your info is fmore than I found.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wanted to give a shout out to chris937 for his lead(s). I received .pdf manuals from the Snow Blower Shop, paper Gilson Chain Drive Service Manual 620-58 from eBay plus the paper Owner's Manual from Toro. All that's left is to source the parts of which I have several sources. BTW it's a 1980 model, serial number was GIL-39011B validated by the manuals as well as the B&S engine code number for the year mfg'd. I did upload .pdf versions of both to the Snow Blower Shop should anyone be sourcing them. The weather and "shelter in place"provided the time for the search. Thanks Chris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts