My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Does it have small tubes that come up from the tractor to form the handlebars or a large single oval tube with the handlebar on the end of it?

Garry

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a tractor like yours. It is a MW ( can see the decal on the frame). Mine is a MFD W7-19957. I have a sickle bar on mine that works! quite well in fact. Will post some pics of it when I figure out how. The color is orange with green rims. I don't think that it has ever been painted as all the decals and id tags are there. Would love some info on tractor, have owners guide for sickle bar. WyoPat

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mine also is orange with green rims.

I've really GOT to get my act together about posting pictures.
:banghead3 :sorry1:

Mike

·
Registered
938 Posts
I saw one go on auction today for $20. It had a dozer blade, sickle mower, disc and cultivator. It also had a Brinely plow but I asked it be sold seperately and it came home with me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of engine, the no. on it is WMC-ABN 62908 1917804 4.2 HP 3ooorpm. The sickle bar is about 36" long. I also have 2 more implements(or are they called attachments?) They are in a shed and I haven't drug them out for their photo op. Sure wish that I knew when I bought this one to get all the other stuff with it. I got it at auction and all I really wanted at the time was the mower. I have another frame and tires but no orininal engine ( put a 5hp briggs and straton on it). WyoPat

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wisconsin produced 226,666 engines in 1952 and your serial 1917804 is very close to 1/2 way through the 1952 production.

The 1952 PlowTrac was Midland produced and the Montgomery Ward catalog number was 5458R and used the Wisconsin ABN. The only sickle bar listed in 1952 for the PlowTrac is a 30" catalog number 5386R.

The 1953 PlowTrac was Simplicity produced and used a B&S Model 14. (This was the first year for the Simplicty model 5828 which was their Model V)
A 36" sickle bar model 4998R was available for the PlowTrac and PowerTrac in 1953. The 1953 Midland produced PowerTrac used a Wisconsin model AKN.

I have catalog scans from Farmerik's library but at 10MB to 20MB each they are high quality scans. If you can send me an email I will try to get them to you. My email is 3wests at sympatico dot ca Remove the spaces and change the dot and at. Will use Usendit to get around email size restrictions.

Garry

·
Registered
938 Posts
Mine has a Clinton engine. What vintage had those? The one that sold yesterday had a magneto, not sure what kind of engine it was tho. Also it has these huge cast iron levers for the controls.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
willowbilly3,

Who produced your tractor? Does it have the single handle bar tube or 2 tubes? What model of Clinton engine do you have? Some HoeTrac's, ChorTrac's and PlowTracs produced by Midland and Simplicity used the Clinton engines. The Simplicity tractors sold by Simplicity themselves used B&S engines. I guess MW specified the Clinton engines. If a model has the external gear driven magneto it is a Wisconsin engine on a Midland produced tractor.

Garry

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have one of these as well. ( WMC-ABN-62908) 4.2hp.I have not run it for 30 years. Today I decided to fire it up, but have no spark. It has a Welco Model X Ignition Coil? Does it have breaker points and a condenser hidden somewhere? I will tear it apart and look but would appreciate a heads up. Also will be looking for a starter rope.... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also found a deal i could not pass up. I am new to walk behind tractors. I have attached some pictures. sorry about the clutter in the background.

Only identification on tractor is MID-A11134 (I think it is a Midland Ward.
Identification on engine Clinton all Purpose Air cooled Engine, S/N 2011777A,Model No C1105CIA (the engine was not installed on the tractor, so may or may not be the right engine for the tractor.)
Carburetor on the engine is a Carter Model N.

Any heop will be appreciated.

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts