My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

found an interesting montgomery tractor on CL but i don't know much about it. these are the pics on the ad:

a few questions: does this model typically come with a 3ph or a sleeve hitch? what size are the rear wheels/tires? how hard is it to find a mowing deck for these? lastly, how much could i potentially get if i sold the breaking plow and the discs?

·
Super Moderator
17,473 Posts
It will be a sleeve Hitch and That a Very Good Looking Gilson It's sad to see Gilson Didn't Make it past the mid 1980's They made a Very Good tractor:thThumbsU

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
There is a plow similiar to that one sitting on CL in my area, asking $75, been there for a couple weeks. Those discs could fetch a goodly amount. You only need a garden bigger than mine.
Prices now for them are near the bottom. Selling in the spring would get you more.
It looks like the tiller is missing the 3 weights that attach to the back edge, and the tiller lift rod isn't pictured, but it can be replicated easily.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a plow similiar to that one sitting on CL in my area, asking $75, been there for a couple weeks. Those discs could fetch a goodly amount. You only need a garden bigger than mine.
Prices now for them are near the bottom. Selling in the spring would get you more.
It looks like the tiller is missing the 3 weights that attach to the back edge, and the tiller lift rod isn't pictured, but it can be replicated easily.
ok, so not much at all. seller is asking quite a bit for this tractor + accessories and i just don't need the plow + discs but if i'm only looking at recouping a couple hundred tops, its not worth it. thanks for the info

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be a sleeve Hitch and That a Very Good Looking Gilson It's sad to see Gilson Didn't Make it past the mid 1980's They made a Very Good tractor:thThumbsU
thanks. i thought i'd seen a gilson in this forum that looked like this one. this tractor has a manual transmission, right? the one i saw on here (at least i think it was on here) had a pedal like older bolens models, i'm guessing it was hydro with pedal control.

any of these come with 3phs?

·
Premium Member
6,190 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,473 Posts
thanks. i thought i'd seen a gilson in this forum that looked like this one. this tractor has a manual transmission, right? the one i saw on here (at least i think it was on here) had a pedal like older bolens models, i'm guessing it was hydro with pedal control.

any of these come with 3phs?
It wasn't until the mid 70's that gilson started Using 3points and this style of Gilson You have they Only Made sleeve Hitches for:thThumbsU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts