My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can enlarge the photo, it'll be easier to see.

A couple of my tractors have class 2 three points. To use some of my class1 stuff on them I modified a class 1 quick hitch to fit those two tractors. I widened the pin hole area to fit over the larger arms by stretching them apart with a Porta-Power mini jack and heat, then drilled the holes to fit a class 2 pin.
As I move my trailers around a lot and it's a pain using a truck, I cut a square hole in the cross bar and welded in a 2 inch hitch receiver. I just pull the pin when I don't need the ball to get it out of the way. Works great in both cases. PJ

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Great mod Paul! Very nice work!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can enlarge the photo, it'll be easier to see.

A couple of my tractors have class 2 three points. To use some of my class1 stuff on them I modified a class 1 quick hitch to fit those two tractors. I widened the pin hole area to fit over the larger arms by stretching them apart with a Porta-Power mini jack and heat, then drilled the holes to fit a class 2 pin.
As I move my trailers around a lot and it's a pain using a truck, I cut a square hole in the cross bar and welded in a 2 inch hitch receiver. I just pull the pin when I don't need the ball to get it out of the way. Works great in both cases. PJ

Lost the photo, had to re-post to get it back. Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts