·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,
I remember "jackknifing" anything I pulled with my Jacobsen 1200 because
the original hitch was too short. I added enough length to solve the problem
and added a rib for support.

Neil J.
hey neil the chief 1000 i just bought and u helped find the year for me has a weight box on the back with a hitch on it....was this an option for this tractor,if not some1 did a **** of a nice job making it

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
it was an option

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen a Jacobsen weight box yet...only a Ford. They were an option.
Post some pics. I have accumulated plenty of steel scrap and would like to duplicate one.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
since jakes and ford are the same, its interchangeable ... maybe someone painted it

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything is possible. I would guess they are rare because the front end loaders are rare.
Seems to me the only use for a weight box is the need to counterweight a front end loader. They aren't needed for a snow thrower. So... as usual ...that's my guess!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anything is possible. I would guess they are rare because the front end loaders are rare.
Seems to me the only use for a weight box is the need to counterweight a front end loader. They aren't needed for a snow thrower. So... as usual ...that's my guess!
I'll get some pics up soon,got some parts farmed out for paint,but will take a pic of the weight box and the way it mounts,i didnt know they optioned a front end loader,but have to go pick the mower up still so i'll do some checking,might explain why the weight box was full of rock.

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Jacobsen manual lists front end loaders as an option. There were two different models
manufactured by others. I have yet to see one available and would jump at the chance
to buy one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Jacobsen manual lists front end loaders as an option. There were two different models
manufactured by others. I have yet to see one available and would jump at the chance
to buy one.
wasn't really planning on keeping this tractor...was a good deal..just needs some fresh paint and its good to go..only missing shifter and pto knobs...but weight box is intriguing..lol and why would anybody option chrome hub caps but not lights..i have a 2009 cub ltx 1050 vt and the jake has more power even with 14 less hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts