My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While this forum remains awesome, there are currently nineteen sticky posts which I think is a bit much. Can we look at removing/condensing some of them? I often like to check in from my phone and I find it takes forever to load. I know we have users on the edge of DSL limits and probably some dial users that would appreciate a reduction?

Having only recently graduated from Beginner Newbie to Intermediate Newbie I know how valuable the information in them is. Perhaps some can be combined into a single "JD reference post"? Or several broken up by tranny type, attachment type, etc....

Thoughts/jokes/snide remarks/etc...?

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,119 Posts
We are working on the situation right now! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
678 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They don't hurt anything per se, and I did volunteer the information is useful. I just found they were breeding like rabbits, took a long time to load and wondered if others thought the same way. If there is a quick fix great, if they need to stay that would be fine too.

·
Diesel Power
1,604 Posts
There is a lot of great information in the stickys that needs to be available, but I agree it would be good if there is a way to condense them. Half of the first page of threads is stickys that you have to scroll though to get to new posts.

·
1,124 Posts
While we're at the topic of stickies, the JD Product Consumer history one needs to be removed - too many inaccuracies, i.e. it lists the 140 as 1967 when it was 1968. The 110H didn't come out until 1966, not 1965. The 200 series appeared in 1975, not 1974, as did the 300 and 400 tractors. Then there is the 111H and 116, the 318, etc.- all inaccurate. Either remove it or correct it or edit it to include the right years or put in a warning that it does contain inaccuracies.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts