My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a number of loaders on 317 Deere Garden Tractors. I have one here on a 314 I fixed up.

What I would like to know is what model number the loader is?

There are not tags or stickers anywhere on this machine and I need to find some literature to help make sure I got everything where it needs tro be as it is supposed to be.

Thanks

Sam

·
Super Moderator
16,340 Posts
That not a deere loader I think it could be a Johnson loader. Before the 44loader they had a #20 loader for the 400 only. The loader for the 300 series prior to the 318 was aftermarket either Kwik-Way,Johnson ARPS or Danco. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would agree that it looks most like a Johnson product. Shares the same bucket design as the model 20 JD for the 400, which I believe is also a Johnson design.

I have a manual for the 20, but thats a spline drive to the pump. The one I have is belt drive. Thats what I need information on is the pump drive. This one runs OK with it just hanging on the belt, but I think there is supposed to be a spring/rod tensioner, and all that is missing. There are signs indicating something as such should be there, but its not.

Thats the main concern I have at this point anyhow.

Thanks for the input:thanku:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts