My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm kinda new to this forum and wasn't sure if this was the right place for this thread but here it goes.

i have a 1949 John Deere Model A
the choke does not work cause when i got it some one had it wired open
i have the long rod that goes down to the carb and is hooked to some kind of piece that has a long slot in it so it can turn. this piece sits in front of the actual choke butterfly rod, there is a spring on the butterfly rod but i don't know where it is supposed to be hooked at. and if there is some kind of piece that is supposed to go between the slotted piece and the butterfly rod, which i'm sure there is, i don't have it.

i was wondering if anyone here would know how to go about fixing this and what is needed, some pics would be very helpful.

thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

S

·
Registered
42 Posts
the long rod you have should have a 90 at the end with a small hole drilled through it for a carter pin and on the choke the long S shaped slotted peice should have a loop on it so the ron can go through and be pinned, that the way it is on my 46 A, hope this helps.... david

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the long rod you have should have a 90 at the end with a small hole drilled through it for a carter pin and on the choke the long S shaped slotted peice should have a loop on it so the ron can go through and be pinned, that the way it is on my 46 A, hope this helps.... david
I have all of this that you mentioned hooked up, but the slotted piece actually sits in front of the actual choke butterfly shaft. Do you happen to know what goes from the slotted piece to the actual butterfly shaft?

thank you
SB

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Did you get this fixed? I will take a picture of my carb today if need be.

JD40

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i haven't been on here to look at this thread lately, no i did not get this fixed and a close up pic would be great, ty very much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts