My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a model 60 I just purchased from my father and all that is wrong with it is the cluctch drive disk is broken and have new parts on order but the ? I have is that the outer ring broke off and all that is left on the shaft is the gear section along with parts of the modling that connected the center section to the outer balance ring. Unable to get a puller on as not place to grasp or no holes to run bolts through. Any Ideas as it seems to be stuck on pretty tight. Thanks to all for reading and helping.

Emt269

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
With out seeing it, I would first be looking at my largest gear puller, most likely the teeth could get purchase behind the driver's center portion to extract.

On my late A I pull it with a few 1/2" X 3" bolts with nuts, as yours is partially broken perhaps you could modify this route and use a bolt with nut and big fender washer, posistion bolts around the driver every say 30 degrees or so then one by one ad a few turns of the bolt into the nut (since its broken you can probably get an open end wrench on the nut to keep it from turning.

Often doesn't take much of this to get one off, pay attention not to press on rivets in the belt pully.

Finally I would consider welding to the remainder a few peices of scrap for my gear puller to grab.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PBG thank you for your answer but the problem is that there is not enough room to get a say a 3 arm puller between the gear and back portion or the back of she drive disk and the bearing beacause clearence and the rest of it is broken off so unable to use bolts even with washers. Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Thats a shame. You are going to have to get creative on this one.

Could you cut notches in the sides of the driver with an angle grinder or die grinder then use your puller into those notches?

I've pulled steering head bearings on motorcycles utilizing that method, dremel into the races till the puller would grab the groove.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it and thanks for all the answers. Took my 4 1/2 in grinder removed the shield and the handle and a thin cutoff disk and was able to cut 3 notches around it almost to the splines and then took a thick chisel and spread it apart till it split and fell off. got it off no maring of the splines or shaft, Worked great and fast. Thanks again to all the answers and help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.