My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newbie, I just had a new model 47 snowblower installed on a 445 and was blowing snow today with it. My question is, does the blower " float" went lowered or is there a constant downward pressure? When using it today, when down the front wheels were either off the ground or the blower was not touching the ground. :greendr: thanks dan

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You have to put it in the float position. The bottom lever should push forward farther and click into the float detent position. Good luck

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,098 Posts
As mentioned, the lower lever (assuming you have the hoses connected properly) has a float position that is a little past the down position. If you only push that lever to the down position, it will continue to exert down on the blower/plow and raise the front wheels off the ground. Push the lever to what feels like the end, then push a little further at which time that hydro circuit will go into float. The lever will stay forward.

This is a seat picture of the lower lever in float position on my tractor, looks the same on the 445.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, thanks for the info, you were right about the lower lever. It was my fault because I was not pushing hard enough on the lever to hit the valve to release the pressure to make the blower float. Typical newbie mistake I admit . :thanku: Many thanks dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts