My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ManicMechanic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a complete Model 18449-01 Mower Attachment. Thinking I'd like to sell it complete or part it out. Like to use any money I can get for it towards a new or rebuilt starter/generator, motor gasket set, etc.

Is it better to sell whole or part out? For instance, it has the part #1716345 gearcase and Part # 1713650 universal joint and shaft.

I've only use the tractor to pull things and don't see me using it to ever mow grass in the future.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If you decide to part it out, I would be interested in buying all of the mounting linkages.

Jason

·
ManicMechanic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We need to come up with a list of what you need and compare it to what I have attached to the deck and the tractor itself. I have parts listing and a schematic for this unit.

I only need to keep what I might need to hook up a plow to the front or a snowblower unit. I'm not sure what if any of these parts are required. Possibly none of them are needed.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
We need to come up with a list of what you need and compare it to what I have attached to the deck and the tractor itself. I have parts listing and a schematic for this unit.

I only need to keep what I might need to hook up a plow to the front or a snowblower unit. I'm not sure what if any of these parts are required. Possibly none of them are needed.
None of this will have anything to do with a plow or blower mounting. I wish you were closer, I would offer to trade you a plow for the deck. I will put together a list of part numbers of the stuff I want. Is there any chance you can post some pictures of the deck?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'll get a pic for you shortly today. Meanwhile, Here's a breakdown of the parts list for the deck.

What is the Bolens number of the plow set-up, is it complete, what size is it and will it fit my 900?
All tube frame plows are interchangeable. I have 3, 2 appear to be 18532 plows. the other one is a homemade set up with a better curve to the blade. All 3 are relatively complete. All tube frame plows are 42".

Jason

·
ManicMechanic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm interested in one of the 18532-01 plows. Lets start by going over what parts we have for both units, some pics and then let's see what can be done as we go along.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Here are some pictues of the plows I have. I would be most interested in trading the yellow one or blue one.

This is the homemade plow. It is complete. Built heavier than the Bolens ones.

This is the plow I picked up with my H16 a few weeks back. It does not have the skid shoes on it, but it is otherwise complete.

This is the Plow that I am repainting to either use next winter or sell with my 900. It is complete, but one of the skid shoe bolts is snapped off. There is still enough thread there to be useable, so it isnt a major issue.

Jason

·
ManicMechanic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the deck.

There is a belt on it and all the blades spin around when I turn the universal drive. Looks like someone painted it red at some point. The original color appears to have been green. They painted over the Model tag, but I can read it and it shows the numbers 18449-01

Attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Looks to be in pretty good shape. Can you check and see whether there is still any oil in the gearbox?

Jason

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
OK, thank you.

·
ManicMechanic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Referring to the yellow plow, is there a 'Lift Link' for it? I show (Part# 1714432) in Bolens Parts Book for a Model 18532-01 Snowplow.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes, I have one that goes with it.

Jason

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Dont Forget, you also need these links for the back of the deck....
Yes, theres those, and a piece that may be still on the tractor, that mounts just behind the footrests. I'm still thinking about the best way to do the exchange, maybe we can find someone that lives in MA who is going down to NJ on vacation or something...

Jason

·
ManicMechanic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am going to be up in Mystic around on the 25th of September. They have a vintage vehicle show at the Mystic Seaport Museum that Saturday. I have a P.U. truck, so there's no problem bring up the deck.

Or if you want to do it sooner, we could possibly meet half way in Conn and make the exchange anytime before that. We're probably talking 200 miles round trip each. That's less then a tank full of gas. Just requires a few hours of our time.

·
ManicMechanic
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also, if we break the deck and the plow down into their smaller parts, we can ship via UPS.

I can put all the small attachment parts into a box. I can also break down the mower deck some to reduce its weight. Its really not that big. Just put the small parts in a box and wrap and tape some cardboard around the deck.

A 25 lb box shipped UPS Ground from my town to yours is about $18.00. To save some money, we can leave out some of the nuts and bolts that are just standard anyway. The illustrated Parts manuals show and list all the bolts by their sizes.

As for the Plow. I bet it doesn't much over a 100 lbs bolted together. If you unbolt the springs, the hitch, the pivot plate Those could be shipped in separate boxes. The blade itself doesn't have to be wrapped. Just slap an address sticker on it or write the address on it in black marker and they'll ship it.

I've shipped Harley motorcycle frames thru UPS with nothing more then an address label on it.

We'd have to see what the total weight of everything is on the units then figure out the shipping costs thru the UPS website and then decide if its cost effective.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts