My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious, have any of the members modified their honda tractors or custom fabricated any equipment for it?

i just posted some shots of a "multi-purpose" front bumber with weight, and i'm building the king kong of grass hoppers for it, but just curious what others have done

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've seen a couple of your postings about it and would love to see some shots - that video you posted a link to isn't valid so i figured you had pulled the video down

i've got a couple tricks working on mine but nothing major like a turbo and i'd love to find 3-5 more ponies in there - be nice to be able to reduce the mule pulley on the deck so i could cut in 4th gear in the thick stuff

·
!b00steD!
67 Posts
right now i have the honda at my shop. i fully removed the original carb set up, and have a plunger style carb off a snow mobile mounted pre-turbo. this way i have alot more control over fuel delivery so i can actually tune it.

pulley swap's are usually your best bet for going faster, but the honda is not included in that group. they over enginered the crap out of these things. lol. im still trying to figure out how to get some better gearing in this thing

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you feel changing pulleys is a no go because of honda's "over engineering" but are willing to screw around trying to changing gearing?

i agree with the over engineering part in spades, but that's a stronger argument to not screw with the gearing,

·
!b00steD!
67 Posts
i meant it as we dont have a basic pulley system. at least on my 3813. its quite over kill. more like a car, then any other mower if owned. even has an actual clutch disc. with my old craftsman, and wheelhorse, it was a trip to farm and fleet, and a few bux later we were moving pretty good.

as i said, i still havent even figured out exactly what to do about the honda's gearing issues. but untill i have the new fuel set up tuned, its not something i need to worry about.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
curious, running 5 lbs boost, did you change timing any and if so, how, plus what octane gas you running? iirc, the honda has the right compression, somewhere in mid 8 : 1 compression ration (i had a R32 with HPA turbo)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts