My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, and welcome to the CASEIH/Farmall forum. :Welcome: I am from New Brunswick Canada, near Sussex (just northeast of Maine). I was born, and grew up ( or got older at least :D) on thefarm that I now work with my father. We also have a tractor salvage business ( http://www.chowntractorparts.com ), where we currently salvage around 60-75 tractors /year, sending parts across North America on a daily basis, and a little bit of overseas sales as well. My father and I use all IH tractors on our farm (except for one Massey 204 backhoe), and restore Farmall letter series tractors. (They can be viewed on the "Our Tractor Collection" page of our site.)
I certainly don't profess to be an expert, but I will share what knowledge I have learned, and I know there are many more who visit regularly who will be happy to help out as well.
Pictures of your tractors are always welcome, so don't be shy. ;)

Welcome to MYTRACTORFORUM.COM and enjoy your time here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi Im pretty new to tractors need some help with one i just brought home
the number plate under the seat says its serial# is faa12118
am I correct in that is a 1944 a? and does any one have a printable manual for this tractor

·
Registered
85 Posts
Try this link. http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Super%20A%20-%20Super%20AV/Super%20A%20-%20Super%20AV%20Owner's%20Manual/Super%20A%20-%20Super%20AV%20Owner's%20Manual.htm

·
Registered
6 Posts
I certainly don't profess to be an expert, but I will share what knowledge I have learned, and I know there are many more who visit regularly who will be happy to help out as well.

THANKS...I posted an urgent matter a few minutes ago regarding the proper timing of my IH 444 diesel tractor's fuel injection pump installation. I am not a complete rookie to mechanics but by no means remotely close to being an expert. That said, explains my current dilemna. I am in the process of installing a replacement fuel injection pump on a tractor that has sat idle for over 7 years. The previous owner had removed the pump as mentioned not leaving any indication of how to reinstall the same.
I am aware of marks on the crankshaft harmonic balancer, idler gear, and the pump drive gear. My question is the proper method to align them when installing the new pump???
Am I correct to assume the harmonic balancer (pulley) mark to be positioned at 12 O'clock (TDC) with the idler single mark matching the two dot marks on the drive gear? If so, I have done that but not successful to start the engine.
Brings me to another question: Could it be that I have assumed TDC to be the position of the cylinders 2 & 3? Thus, I must turn crankshaft one complete turn to position 1 & 4 at TDC???
Any Help or advice is appreciated.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
I have a McCormick-Farmall cub I am getting ready to restore. Is this the correct forum?
Yes, but you may want to start new thread.

Also, you may want to visit www.farmallcub.com

Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks there, too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello All,

:howdy:
I just subscribed to your Farmall Forum. I am the new owner of a 1953 IH Farmall Cub. My other garden tractors are a 1960 Economy Jim Dandy, and a 1964 110 John Deer.

Hoping to learn some new restoration tips, thanks.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
Welcome! Those Cubs are great machines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts