My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may seem like an odd question, but it's confusing and the manual doesn't really help.

On the MMM height knob on my 1860, there's an arrow (sticker) to the right of the knob. So, when setting the height, is it the number that's straight at the top, or the number that's a couple clicks to the right that actually lines up with the arrow (at an angle) that I should use?

I've been just splitting the difference for now. :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
does your knob lock up for transport (TOP) position? if so figure out where this is, wherever the TOP is while locked fully up is where you should adjust to. One way to find it on the 2350 is to set it to a middle position (say 2"), lower the deck to position then raise it JUST ENOUGH to free the knob, turn the knob all the way to 0 (it will stop at the 0" position when the deck is halfway down). This is because the adjuster is basically a piece of pipe about 1.5" across with a series of steps cut around it (think of a circular staricase with an open center). Between the 0" and TOP steps is a straight wall.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say then straight up is the number to go by, since I found if I put top there, it's at the top. IF I do it so it's lined up at an angle pointing at the arrow, it drops an inch or two lower.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'd imagine its like the BX2350, meaning the setting is read from the TOP (rear) of the dial.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts