this is both a repost from before the "big poof" and an update.first pic is of the tractor when i first brought it home it was only a couple miles away and this was back in the day when i was still borrowing a trailer to haul anything. so i skidded it. as you can see in the picture the rear end is open and had been for quite some time wich led to problems later.
Man that looks great! It sure adds a little more to my motivation to get mine done.
I was wondering about the paint job. Did you strip the old paint down, just clean it up with a pressure washer, or just prime and shoot her with paint? I have about 2/3 rds of my tin bead blasted and it shouldn't be too much trouble to get the rest of it done, but the nose, block and rearend needs to have something done. I'm hoping you can shed some light on this situation.
My plan is to have her done before the end of June, as my friends and I have been invited to bring our tractors to a big parade in Central Oregon. I'm getting pretty excited to get back to work thanks to you Bear.
great to see you posting michael i took all the tin down to bare metal with sandblaster or sanding discs used the same on the castings but didn't take it right down to bare metal just knocked off all the loose paint then primed and painted i used bps paint and primer from tractor supply looking forward to seeing pics of the progress on your z
I just had to click on your "don't click here" spot. Thanks, it scared the crud out of me. I have all kinds of protection against bad things happening to my computer, but you definitely got me!
Thanks for the response. Now I'm curious about your sanding discs. I have a grinder with the wire wheels and such, but I might like the disc idea a little better. I've got some crud in corners that the wire wheel would never get to.
I'm not sure if I posted a photo of what she looked like when I brought her home or not so I'll just include one because.
Looking forward to your response once again. No hurry though, I'll be working out of town until Friday.