My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for allowing me the priviledge of joining this forum. I recently came into posession of my dad's 1971 Power King Econommy Tractor. My dad brought this tractor brand new two years before he passed away. I was 8 years old at the time. I remember him mowing the lawn, and even parts of the hayfields. Also remember him giving us kids rides into the apple orchard with us in the cart on the way there-and filled with apples on the way back. I used to use this tractor to mow mom's lawn-along with my brothers-up until about twelve years ago. Moved away, and mom hired people to mow the lawn. So, this tractor sat for ten years until two years ago when I picked it up: rotted tires, rusted out mower deck, and no seat. I put the tractor in my garage, sprayed the heck out of the choke and throttle cable, put in new spark plug and battery- and yes; she started right up! I told my brother I am going to restore this tractor, a new hobby, have never done anything like this in my life. Last week my brother gave me the picture of the tractor and cart in front of the place where my dad brought it. Hope to enter this when done in a tractor show somewhere...? If anyone has any suggestions on anything related to PowerKing, let me know. Thanks, Eric

·
10,825 Posts
Eric, that's a great story. Lots of knowledgeable PK folks here, so we have that covered.

If you have any questions about using the site, ask away right here. We're eager to help.

Picture posting is almost going to be mandatory in this case. Ask if you need help with that.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,686 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Welcome from N.Illinois

1 - 8 of 8 Posts