My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really need another tractor, but I've kept my eye out for a good deal on any 455 that might come my way. I've just always loved that tractor, with the deisel and hydraulics. Well, yesterday one showed up on my local craigslist. It looked to be in great shape, it was about 3 miles away from where I work, and it came with a 54 inch deck and a plow & tire chains, and the gentleman was only asking $1800.00!!!!!

I called him as soon as i saw the listing, and he already had a buyer on the way over, and the other guy had promised to buy it without even seeing it in person, so I lost out. This was all less than an hour from when the ad was posted. I guess I'll have to wait and see if another one comes along some day.:banghead3

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
That just plain SUCKS !!!

Later,x595

·
Registered
301 Posts
So that is a screaming deal?

I also want to get a small Deere diesel tractor.

I missed a 332 yesterday for $550 which seemed to be in great shape.

How many hours can you get out of the small diesel, 3cyl Yanmar I think?

Chris

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
I won't tell you then, that other buyer was me.:trink39:

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
I wouldn't have cared of the other guy was on his way, you were only 3 miles away, you could have gotten there first.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd email him again and make sure it really did sell... sometimes people say they'll buy something then show up with no cash on them... you never know.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Man I only wish I could find a deal that good on any one of the, 332, 430, or 455 diesels.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So that is a screaming deal?

I also want to get a small Deere diesel tractor.

I missed a 332 yesterday for $550 which seemed to be in great shape.

How many hours can you get out of the small diesel, 3cyl Yanmar I think?

Chris
I had a 332 a long time ago, 1993-5, and it had 3506 hours on it when it gave up. I now have 2 of the 455 diesels, one has 2200 hours and the other has 4950 hours, both run great and have never had any work done to them. Only a water pump for one and the other is getting a new alternator tomarrow.

I know of people that have over 7000 hours on the Yanmar in a JD lawn and garden tractor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts