My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
With the cross pin, and cotter pin still in there, makes me wonder if it was just sitting loose on top of something, perhaps the deck, and it just fell off.

Anything else like it under the machine or on the deck? Is the paint the same as the machine or deck paint? Does your machine still operate in all modes as it should?

You might try searching parts sites for your model machine. They often have diagrams of all the parts and you might be able to recognize it from one of those on line diagrams.

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts
If it's for your tractor, then I would probably vote for it being part of a linkage somewhere on it that was disconnected to repair something (or not connected up if it's new), and it eventually unscrewed from viration and then dropped on the ground...

·
Registered
332 Posts
My vote would be a link to the 3 point hitch lift.
Threads let you level the draw arms.

How big is your tractor?
That is small for a 150 or 165 size tractor, but would be perfect for a 20 or 30 HP CUT size machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts