My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've ran into this forum a few times while looking for info but figured I'd finally join to ask some specific questions

I live on 10 acres with my kids, wife and small tree farm and up until now have been using my Husqvarna garden tractor (TS 348 XD) for mowing as well as lots of manual labor (hauling a trailer around to plant, water, ....) but have now purchased an ATV to help with that, so the mower is just for mowing now.

Lessons learned are that my Husq does the job, but I honestly need a larger deck and a faster mower so this doesn't take me 3+ hours to mow our trails, yard and driveway. Thinking about a Toro Titan zero turn, but that'll be next year maybe since that is a spendy dude.

Anyways, hello. Looking forward to some help with a few aspects of my mower that have popped up.

·
5,792 Posts
Hi FarmingZombie
to My Tractor Forum....ask away ...hope we can help...let me start by asking about the property you have to mow......is it flat or hilly? ZTs are fast ..but not for alll lawns

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi FarmingZombie View attachment 2473572 to My Tractor Forum....ask away ...hope we can help...let me start by asking about the property you have to mow......is it flat or hilly? ZTs are fast ..but not for alll lawns
Lumpy in places. I was planning on keeping the rider for mowing my tree farm rows and the parts that used to be farm field and thus nice a bumpy, but would use the ZT on the yard, driveway and paths. Plus, I wouldn't want my kids to drive a ZT, since it can go faster and would be twice as expensive, so would be fine with my oldest (10) driving the rider when he's a little older.

I am working to fill in the lumps over time with horse manure, but that takes time :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you try to drag a piece of chain link fence around that might calm it down a little
yeah, poor man's harrow, right? I need to add about 25 yards of class 5 to my driveway and do that. for the areas that are an issue on the land they're already overgrown with grass. I honestly think I need to take a tiller to those sections and then harrow it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts