My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a small tiller to replace an old one that just don't want to keep going any more. Looked at a local farm store,they have a 10 inch earthquake brand.It has a 43cc 2stroke motor brand named viper. Who makes a viper motor? Has anyone used one? Any good? thanks

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I've got the small Craftsman 10 inch 4 tine tiller. Uses a 2 cycle chain saw type motor (gas & oil mix). Works pretty good for a small garden, once you get it going. Bounces around alot, very light. Rocks will jam between the tine and drive shaft, but the engine keeps on going.
It sure beats hand digging New England rocky soil.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
The Toro and Ryobi have systems that allow you to use different quick-attach accessories:

-weed whacker
-tiller
-pruner
-hedge trimmer
-edger

I think I have them all now :)

Tiller (cultivator) does a pretty good job.

·
Bikes/Tractors what else
1,461 Posts
A number of years ago, I thought I was being smart and bought a Honda Rototiller/SnowBlower. One motor unit and switchable parts.

Well, the change over was such a pain in the behind, after 2 years I found someone more foolish than me and sold it. Bought a Mantis and a small snow thrower. I put them away at the end of each season and still have them. They are both over 10 years old and going strong.

The concept of a universal power head is old, but I have yet to see one that does all the tasks well.

The Toro and Ryobi have systems that allow you to use different quick-attach accessories:

-weed whacker
-tiller
-pruner
-hedge trimmer
-edger

I think I have them all now :)

Tiller (cultivator) does a pretty good job.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
I've got the small Craftsman 10 inch 4 tine tiller. Uses a 2 cycle chain saw type motor (gas & oil mix). Works pretty good for a small garden, once you get it going. Bounces around alot, very light. Rocks will jam between the tine and drive shaft, but the engine keeps on going.
It sure beats hand digging New England rocky soil.
Have the same. And ditto the above comments. In fact, I need to get my grandfather one of these. He has mine more than I do. He must think its even because he left the big Cub Cadet rear tine tiller at my place. But nothing beats those mini tillers/cultivators for some applications.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts