My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Just came across this nifty little home made tool ;)

Small home made metal press Break :fing32:

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Thank you Mik, I can hardly wait to get it. I feel like a kid at Christmas time again waiting for the package's to arrive, full of anticipation and not knowing if I'll like it or be let down by any defects.

I'll be sure to express my honest opinions about the REBEL good and bad. Only thing is I feel my opinion may be a little biased if I like it and it works. This is because I have never owned or done any Mig welding before. I have this joyful feeling like there is so many things I will be able to fabricate now.

Ones obsession for tools never ends LOL.?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Good deal, you should like that machine . Need pics when you get it.
Where did you get it?

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I purchased it from CyberWeld. They have the best prices I could find online atm for the welders and gasses. I'm not really sure if I'll do a video review. I will post picks for sure.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I use Cyberweld a lot. Real good to deal with. We'll settle for pics, unless we take a vote for videos. LOL

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just checked and the welder/bottle order finally updated giving shipping details with FedEx tracking numbers claiming a delivery by this Thursday. Woo Hoo...

The Welding hood has a UPS scheduled delivery of this Friday and the channellock pliers and 10# wire have not shipped yet.

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I have a lead on an empty owner 80 cu. ft 100% Argon bottle for $90.00 on CL. I'm suppose to meet the guy tomorrow around noon if every thing goes as planned. that'll save me some money on the Argon for Tig. I'll just have to swap it or have it filled and I'd be good for tig. I want to test the Rebel every way I can. I should have bought the tig pedal but as long as the tig works I don't see any problems with the foot pedal working later on down the road when I can breath after paying this thing off.

The Argon bottle is dated 2014 + * so it's good until 2024 :fing32:

Looks like a good owner bottle except for the over spray dripping on the neck.

What do you guys think does it look good?

Argon Tank - 80 cu ft

·
Professional Amateur
1,269 Posts
Looks like a fair deal, are you getting one for MIG also?

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just got back decided to pick it up tonight. I did not want to take a chance it would be gone by tomorrow. I ordered a brand new full bottle for mig that should show up tomorrow with the welder. Now to get the Argon tank filled and Oxygen tank for my Oxy/acetylene kit filled and I should be good for a while :).

Started looking at Milwaukee Porta band saws the last couple days as well. It's gonna be a while before I can afford a Hypertherm Powermax 45 LOL...

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm going to try to get this so I can make a welding cart for the Welder ;)

It's a 3 Drawer mini locking filing cabinet.

3 drawer filing cabinet

·
10K and Climbin!
12,179 Posts
I have a Miller (150 I think) and it welds anything I've put a bead on.. I got a mobile cabinet from a friend and spare parts and my gloves & helmet are stored in there.

http://i56.tinypic.com/nd2yvk.jpg

The fact that it has wheels makes it convenient to bring it to the work.. Enjoy your new machine!:fing32:

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thank you WNY.

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
The Welder and 75/25 bottle showed up right on schedule today and after a very busy day I managed to take some time to read up on it. Learned how to set up proper spool tension using a block of wood. Then I put down two test welds on 1/4" with SMIG. I think it works great. I was working with the material on the ground with a fixed lens so it is what it is but I'm stoked with what I see so far. I really like this new toy.

Here is what I did with two practice beads. I'm sure I'll do much better once the auto darkening helmet shows up and I am able to get some kind of table top so I don't have to squat and weld on the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice, ready to rock.

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Here are some unboxing pics.

Attachments

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
So I'm trying to figure out if I can use the same regulator guage for 100% Argon and 75/25 mix.

From what I understand I should be able to use the same regulator but I'd have to use a different regulator for 100% CO2 so I won't ruin the 75/25 regulator.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You are correct, only need a different regulator for co2. Looks like a real nice setup. Looks like fun setting it up.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts