My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The weather this morning cooperated so I got the frame painted, it turned out great I think!

I also got a call later in the afternoon that my fenders were finished from sandblasting so picked them up and have them a coat of primer. Once the primer dries I will start figuring out the light situation with them while I put the rest of the frame together


Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 

·
ADMINISTRATOR
Joined
·
15,390 Posts
The paint looks good Mikey. I can't wait to see those fenders on!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The paint looks good Mikey. I can't wait to see those fenders on!
Thanks Ellis, and you and I both! I have to get the pocket lines figured out as well as a rear work light, drill some holes in then for wiring to run and then test fit and final paint :)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Those fenders are going to look great. I think I recall reading that you have the lights that go with them, but now I'm not sure (?).
Thanks Dave, I do not have lights for them and it's looking to be an issue. The guy who made them made the holes 2 inches in diameter and common trailer size is an 1 1/2" light that uses a grommet for a hole slightly bigger, and a 2 inch light needs a 2 3/8" hole which won't fit either. I have an idea of how to make a reducer for the lights and still keep the farm tractor vibe but haven't had time to make it to the hardware store :)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I'm sure you'll figure it out when you get the chance.(y)
Thanks Dave. Household projects have taken over tractor work for a bit, however I moved the frame in to keep it clean. I'm supposed to pick up another piece of the puzzle tonight as well!


Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Picked these up this evening 10 minutes from home. Met a very nice guy with lots of hit and miss engine and may have some more Sears parts available also to finish my resto. He is supposed to get back to me on it!


Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Thanks Ellis! Was tired of seeing unpainted parts sitting there so kicked some butt on it this morning

Started off by wire wheeling the wheel weights and getting half in primer.

Next up I worked on straightening up the neutral safety switch shift fork as it was bent down and spread open. Once the trans is assembled I will finish tweaking it. I cleaned up and primed the neutral switch brackets, the left side tie rod and the input shaft pulley

I then started my favorite science experiment of cleaning parts with vinegar. I am cleaning up both clutch springs, the rear wheel bolts, the various front wheel parts as well as the front spindle covers. I used this before on my 3pt hitch restoration for my Suburban 12 and it worked great, so for these hard to clean parts it should be the ticket

This evening I spent some time cleaning up parts for primer tomorrow morning. On deck I have the brake rod, battery tray, clutch bracket, both of the pieces for the clutch shaft, the small flat plate that goes under the foot rest on the clutch shaft, as well as the left side front deck mount (it won't have a deck but since the handle is made into the right side one I will put the left on). The clutch connecting shaft also had a wear spot from rubbing on the battery tray so I had a buddy give it a quick spot of weld as his welder was out. He even ground it back round before I said I would do it myself, so why not? :)


Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Got all the listed parts into primer this morning! The unfinished pile is getting smaller and smaller which I like to see.

First off is the repaired clutch rod, followed by the nicely primed parts. I also had some company while I was painting. We have a Mom and a little one that have been living in our bush lot at the farm the last few weeks, they're adorable to watch

My science experiment is also cooking away nicely!

Princess Auto had LED lights on sale so I picked up a 2 pack today. They are 4 LED 2 inch lights. I wanted one for this project and will be putting one on my Suburban 12 as well. I got them taken down and taped off, just have to scuff them and then prime and paint them to match each tractor


Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Progress this morning was getting the neutral safety switch bits as well as the tie rod pieces painted, and the front face of the wheel weights primed!

The science project is doing great, a couple more days and they will be ready to go


Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
 
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Top