My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across this one the other day. I've seen a few other mowers for sale from this guy, guess he fixes them up. I've been wanting a Toro like this for a while, and the fact it's a 2-cycle Suzuki makes it more appealing.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/for/1869084805.html

You can't really tell anything from the pictures. It does look like the left front wheel is mismatched. I think I'd only buy it if he threw in the bag. I'm looking for a good machine for bagging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually thought about calling on that one but found another Toro with a 2-cycle Suzuki. I'm really surprised the one you posted is still there. The 2-stroke Toros go pretty quick.

The one that I bought yesterday, the guy said that between the 20 minutes that it took me to call and then arrive, that 8 people called asking about it. Oh, the one I picked up is an '86 20684. The one you posted looks visually the same, although it doesn't appear to have the BBC.

On second look, the position of the starter rope pretty much guarantees that it is not the BBC model.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On second look, the position of the starter rope pretty much guarantees that it is not the BBC model.
That's okay with me, the BBC makes me a little nervous. A lot of otherwise fine mowers have been scrapped after the BBC fails. It'll probably be gone by the time I can go look at it. I like that deck style, but I don't have to have the two-stroke. But it would be cool, though :thThumbsU

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just talked to the seller.....he says that it smokes a little more than it should, but otherwise runs good. He also says that the drive system doesn't pull as good as it should, it needs a little push to get it going. Says he might knock some off of the price, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts