My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't worry, I want to really get back into the Lawn-Boy hobby, but first I am looking at buying another Toro. My dream of getting a Proline will have to wait until I get more money. I also missed out on a nice Gold Series F push model. So, I am looking at getting a Toro 20021 Recycler GTS6. Just a heads up, I will keep everyone informed.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Don't worry, I want to really get back into the Lawn-Boy hobby, but first I am looking at buying another Toro. My dream of getting a Proline will have to wait until I get more money. I also missed out on a nice Gold Series F push model. So, I am looking at getting a Toro 20021 Recycler GTS6. Just a heads up, I will keep everyone informed.
Is that the one locally on Craigslist? You bought from that guy before right? Get it so you have a solid back up mower.

And then lets get those M's running right.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the one locally on Craigslist? You bought from that guy before right? Get it so you have a solid back up mower.

And then lets get those M's running right.
Yep. Same guy. Probably getting it, we'll see. And, I have to get those problems fixed on those M's. I already have people interested in both.....

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both models are 20442's. Used on slight commercial use. Might be heavily used mowers for me. They might need some cables, maby some wheels, a carb cleaning, and a tune up. Then, they should be ready to mow. I will find out what's wrong when I go to look at them.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Both models are 20442's. Used on slight commercial use. Might be heavily used mowers for me. They might need some cables, maby some wheels, a carb cleaning, and a tune up. Then, they should be ready to mow. I will find out what's wrong when I go to look at them.

He's still got those? They dissapeared from Craigs I figured he sold them. But he's selling them BOTH for like $75 right. That and the GTS might be a good buy.

I just missed some newish LB wheels on ebay. Exciting finish to the bidding. I wasn't fast enough on the rebid and didn't really want to pay more than $35 for a set of wheels-when I pay $50 for the whole mower !!:banghead3

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
timber-you seem to have a penchant for difficult models. the lawnboy v dosnt have a good track record either. i will tolorate the m with its over complicated desighn and all that comes with it but i will never own another v

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
timber-you seem to have a penchant for difficult models. the lawnboy v dosnt have a good track record either. i will tolorate the m with its over complicated desighn and all that comes with it but i will never own another v
Still getting them though. I just know I got to have patience to work on them if something goes wrong. They were used on light commercial use. I heard that they were nice.....

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
ok -just know what you are getting-main issue is there is no compression releise(every other cheap engine has this today)makes starting a chore and wear on the starter and rope are rapid. also bearing failure is very common and can be sudden. good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts