My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lawnboy Novice
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, went down to my grandpa's today and saw a LB riding mower. It's one of the ones that was a 30 inch cut and had the 8hp briggs in the back. i cant remember the model number on the front of it but it was green!!! and a lawnboy that was actually made by lawnboy! he said he needed a 10hp briggs and i went and pulled one out of my building and took it to him. well, he beat around the bush and said he will have to think about. oh well.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Lawn Boy didn't actually build them, did they? I thought they were a ??? brand with different trim and paint.

I have a pretty fair amount of LB rider service manuals, as well as tiller manuals, that I have no need for and am going to be posting on ebay eventually... (from the '80's and early '90's)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Lawn Boy didn't actually build them, did they? I thought they were a ??? brand with different trim and paint.
I think it was Gilson that made the Lawnboy RER's.

·
OMC approved.
197 Posts
Well even if the mower wasn't any good, you would get a running rider for that briggs that has been in your building for....10+ years? I say good deal! Looking forward to seeing it.

·
Lawnboy Novice
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know from personal expecience this thing cuts grass like a champ. THe reason i know is because i have cut grass with it before but I didn't know wth a LB was at the time. It cuts amazing. i am so ready for him to give it to me :):fing32:

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
We did make or I should say, we assembled a rider mower back in the early 70's.
Was made mostly from purchase parts, I don't think we actually made many parts that went into them.
30 inch cut with a Briggs sounds right.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
This rider had two basic problems. First, the chain drive was exposed and tensioned by nylon rubbing blocks. It required almost constant maintenance. Second, the secondary belt, from the intermediate shaft to the deck, had the idler on the tension side of the belt to allow for vertical movement of the deck. As the load on the belt increased, its tension would decrease, not increase. You couldn't stall the engine in heavy grass, you'ld smoke the belt first. Other than that, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts