My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been through a few older GTs in the last year, had a Case 220, too light and I really didn't like the controls. A 212 JD I still have, great tractor but the turning radius is horrid and the stick shift is clunky. I really like my Sears 16-6 but the lowest gear is just too fast for tilling. Today I scored a 145 with tiller, deck and snowblower. I like the pedal operated hydro, what I really wanted. It needs a little tinkering so we'll see how it shakes out. I just wish it was a twin.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i just worked the ever loving crap out of my LGT 165 Sunday, as I used it like it was a dozer, and it never missed a beat ! I had the tiller on rear for more traction, and put on my brand new Tru-Powers, tractor did a great job. And all this after mowing the lawn.

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
I never had a pedal operated hydro until I got my 1988 LGT. Zero turns may be the ultimate, but the hydro with its easy reverse does a really nice job cutting grass.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I like the tractor and it stays, I doubt if I leave the deck on it. I have mowers, this will be used for ground engaging implements, tiller, plow, potato planter. blade and possibly the snowblower. I might put that on my Sears 16-6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts