My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,235 Posts
buy the way.. google .. Gomaco to see what we built..

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
I've got a millermatic 190 I bought a couple of years ago new. Also purchased the bottle. It welds great for what I needed. Did a few projects with it the first summer but didn't use it all this past summer so I think come spring I'm going to advertise it. As soon as I sell it I'll need it I'm sure. My son works in an industrial fab shop and all they use are Miller welders.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update.

The Hobart 210 MVP is a very nice welder. A buddy who is a certified welder came over and put it through it's paces.

Since then I bought the Miller MaxStart 150STL for stick and TIG. Stick came pretty easily, the TIG is another matter. Also dealing on the Hypertherm 30XP plasma cutter he has.

·
2,802 Posts
I have the maxstar 150s...I think yours is the newer model...I use it .strictly for stick....using 6013 rods usually with decent results ....I think that Miller is making the Hobarts
I would look through Facebook market (stay away from Craigslist for this item) ....see what is available and then research the models that you come across...a lot of time people throw in the helmet / shield, cables and ends, rods, welding jacket and / or gloves...you can do a lot better going used

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have the maxstar 150s...I think yours is the newer model...I use it .strictly for stick....using 6013 rods usually with decent results ....I think that Miller is making the Hobarts
I would look through Facebook market (stay away from Craigslist for this item) ....see what is available and then research the models that you come across...a lot of time people throw in the helmet / shield, cables and ends, rods, welding jacket and / or gloves...you can do a lot better going used

I agree! Going used can be a beneficial. With the Miller, I got an owned Argon bottle, 1/2 full, 2 electronic helmets, consumables (some were for MIG) unused gloves.

I really want the Hypertherm Power Max 30XP plasma cutter he has. Said he will sell it in early Summer as he has one project he needs it for. Hypertherm is as good as it gets and there are a BUNCH of consumables with it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts